TA Forums Game of the Week! (June 27)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Jun 28, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of June 27th?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2012.
  1. Kingdom Rush

25.5%
  2. Dead Trigger

16.0%
  3. Squids: Wild West

12.8%
  4. Nihilumbra

24.5%
  5. Darkside

3.2%
  6. Cthulu Saves the World

4.3%
  7. Frisbee Forever 2

1.1%
  8. Where's My Perry

7.4%
  9. Chasing Yello

3.2%
  10. Dynamite Jack

2.1%
  1. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Well, even though I voted for Dead Trigger, I'm more than happy to see Kingdom Rush take the lead. DT may be the game I spent the most time with this week, but KR is definitely one of the best games I've played all year.

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Well, you could say the same for other genres -- like shooters. Personally, I think Kingdom Rush is fantastic and quite possibly my favorite tower defense game of all-time on the iOS. Dead Trigger is fun and graphically stunning, but I wouldn't consider it one of the best shooters on the iOS. Just my opinion, but that was my reasoning when voting.

Darkside and Squids: Wild West are also outstanding. It was a tough week.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Looks like Nihilumbra made quite a bit of progress overnight, sweet. Poll ends in a little over half a day. New releases will stop popping up in NZ at about the same time.

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    And best of all, didn't see any guys that came here just to vote :) Legit uprise

5. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    So glad I got Nihilumbra, it's turned out to be my favorite iOS game since BattleHeart.... Gotw more like GOty...seriously. Void mode is such an amazing blend of gameplay graphics , control, etc.. void mode is some of the most intensively difficult yet gratifying gameplay I've ever played.

New Goty contender to go with Swordigo and waking mars... @ the same time kingdDom rush is also fantastic... Didn't this it would be gettingthis many votes just from an Ipad port...

Hopefully we get this right.. N deserves it

6. ooba

ooba Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Kingdom Rush is my all time favorite game. Haven't played it on a smaller device though.

Nihilumbra gets my vote. Story is kinda of cliched, but great gameplay. The addition of void levels takes an average game into "game of the week" territory.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well those two votes by 0 posters for Kingdom Rush helped (But to be fair Nhilumbra had one vote by a 0 poster)

Should be a tie !

Should have a rule that any votes from a 0 poster dont count (but then i'm sure we'll see 1 or 2 stupid posts from these people just so they dont have 0 posts)

8. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Wierd, I clearly remember it being tied 24 to 24... It better be a tie and not some stupid 0 post count? The first guy that voted for kingdomrush has three posts..lol

How did it go from 24 to 23?

9. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    I don't know if I'm too late to vote or not, but kingdom rush is by far one of the best games I have played in a long time.