TA Forums Game of the Week! (July 25th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Jul 26, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of July 25th?

Poll closed Aug 3, 2012.
  1. 10000000

38.7%
  2. Shellrazer

9.3%
  3. ORC: Vengeance

16.0%
  4. Walking Dead: The Game

18.7%
  5. Car Toons!

4.0%
  6. Bitless

5.3%
  7. BLAZING STAR

6.7%
  8. SolaRola

1.3%
  1. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Wth is 10mil? Why does Shellrazer only have 2 votes? Before I knew I was rooting for underdogs.. This time I thought I was atleast voting for 3rd probly 2nd or 1st?? Omg it's not gonna even be top 3 it's one of the best and unique gamea I've played inawhile, it even was nominated in here like 10 times..

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Have you played 10 mil?

You'd know. :p

3. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    No, isn't a puzzle game? Ya that's probly why... Dungeon Raid and puzzle juice both did nothing for me... Just not my kind of game I guess

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Fair enough.

It's a really good game for what it does, though. Really good.

5. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Also would like to mention that Bucketz was not nominated nor barely even mentioned at all despite being very popular. Spy vs Spy is now sitting at #1 overall in the top paid list. And apples editors choice Orc Vengeace is struggling just for 3rd. Tough week I guess..

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    TouchArcade forums differ a lot opinion wise from App Store. You can figure out yourself which is smarter ;)

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Gotta go with Blazing Star. Call me retro-headed. :)

8. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I would have definitely voted for Shellrazer, but there was no way I couldn't vote for 10000000 because it is just too good of a game. It is rather unfortunate that Shellrazer won't rank in the Top 3 because it is such a great game and deserves some recognition.

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    From what I've seen of Shellrazer (Sanuku's video, mainly) it doesn't really appeal to me that much, to be perfectly honest. I'm not sure why...

10. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I dunno about smarter, depends... TA is a bit more "hardcore" influenced alot by what's good etc.. But sometimes I think its a little too niche.. And alot of games that are "Casual" get overlooked a bit.

Not missed but it tends to sway more towards a great niche over a good casual one(and by causual I mean games like where's my water and such, not Farmville or other freemium iaps)

I dunno I completely disagree with 10000000 getting this much hype even though everyone here loves it... I guess it's because I don't like puzzle games etc.. I guess if it was a niche game of sumthing I liked such as bullet hell or fighting, beat em up etc.. it'd probly be diff.

Actually I'm kind od surprised how popular some "niche" games are getting... In apple top 300 paid apps it's filled with deep RPGs, Action adventure, Shmups, Platformers, etc..

I usually agree with TA but I'm afraid this is one of the few times I don't, maybe people that like dungeon raid are happy to find something like this and that's a big deal.

I dunno I tried getting into DR... Played it about an hour and was bored..

I feel like Where's my water(probly one of my favorite games on iOS) doesn't get as much credit as it deserves for being as good as it is.. I dunno if it's too casual friendly or whatever... But the game is brilliant... Having gameplay never before seen utilizing touch perfect for the ultimate physics puzzler. Angry Birds I view kind of the opposite in being hyped more than it deserves..

Alright I'm way off track here... I guess what I'm saying is Even though TA has a great source of knowledge and reviews on what's good there's a small part that's just to old school gamer type "niche" I guess.. And I understand it being 26...old school is the new school but we gott remember all the people our age and below/above that are Compelety new to gaming.

11. Bucketz

Bucketz Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Creator and writer of Bucketz
    Thank you Darth, it is extremely puzzling for us too... And sad to be frank.. :confused:

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Voted for Blazing Star but would like to vote also for Manos: Hand of fate (Not on the list to vote for)

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Went with Shellrazer. 10000000 comes in a close second... It had some serious bugs along the way which cost more than a handful of players to restart the game from scratch by reinstalling (me included).

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I don't know where you got that "TA users overlook casual games". Many casual games have won GOTW including Temple Run Where's My water and jet pack joyride. And all were loved by TA members. Just saying.

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Blazing Star - Easily... I know it won't win... but by far the best game I've got this week.

16. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    definitely 10 million worth GOTW

17. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    I vote for 10000000, couldn't stop playing till the end of it.

18. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #58 Darth Ronfar, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    Ya, I know they don't overlook them but when something like 10000000 comes along and gets massive hype while a game like Bucketz doesn't get a nomination or a even a mention it's kind of disappointing.. It's not like the game is bad or anything. I dunno maybe I'm just mad about Shellrazer in 4th, the video doesn't really give that game credit. SR is kind of like a walking TD with amazing gameplay that will suck you in.(iplayed ot all night and most of the next day) I know 10mil is prob the same but SR isnt like a some reg TD game it's got all new stuff never really done before. It has gotw written all over it. I bet the TA writers probly love Shellrazer, but 10mill is just sucking all that away at the moment.