TA Forums Game of the Week! (Jan 10th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Jan 10, 2013.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of January 10th?

Poll closed Jan 16, 2013.
  1. Joe Danger

30.7%
  2. Time Surfer

11.4%
  3. Dungelot

43.2%
  4. Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan

6.8%
  5. Fractal Combat X (FCX)

1.1%
  6. Take My Machete

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Cute Kill

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. The Blockheads

4.5%
  9. I Am Vegend: Zombiegeddon

1.1%
  10. Pinball Kid

1.1%
  1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I just hope votes don't mysteriously disappear... not that it would happen anywhere on Touch Arcade... :cool:

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    One vote that does need to disappear is Pixeye's vote for his own game (Dungelot).

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Narrowed it down... Finally...

Though I know it doesn't matter, especially since I'm the only one who's voted for it...

But my vote went to FCX

4. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    You are correct. Pixeye incorrectly PMed me and asked that his vote for his own game be removed on Saturday and I forwarded that to EchoSeven so I imagine it will be removed.

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    There's another developer vote up there too, but they sent me a PM and all is well.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Decided on Joe Danger, which really is a great port built from the ground up. Dungelot is a lot of fun too but for some reason it reminds me of Deep Deep Dungeon (and it's superior Maplestory version). The concepts are similar in the casual rogue type game. Just like the combat better in it. Still enjoying Dungelot though.

Fractal Combat X and Time Surfer are a blast too. Good week for iOS gaming!

7. I have decided. Joe danger it is! Ended up not buying it because of the ipad 4 fiasco, but I will one day, and it looks like a blast.

8. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Wow. You're voting a game you never played as game of the week?

9. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Dungelot seems to get better the more I play.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    +1 to this.

11. #71 Connector, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    Yuppers, I have played time surfer and dungelot. I was going to buy joe danger right when it came out. Because of the ipad4 bug, didn't buy and decided to buy it someday later. Anyway, I know deep in my heart, it would be my first pick. Watched the videos on it and read every single post in the main thread, so it is not just based on nothing.

It's kind of like how I might vote for Need for Speed Most Wanted even if I chose to not buy it right away. You can tell a lot about a game with videos of it and user comments.

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Still feels off basing your decision on other people's experiences through their videos and posts.

13. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I looked over the poll many times to see my pick... and I am disturbed by its absence.

Wake the Cat is absolutely the best game of the week for me. Before clicking on the thread, that was going to be my vote, but... it's not on the poll! D:

14. Well, on the flip side, is it not fair to give every game fair consideration? Not everyone has the money or desire to buy all of them.

And on the main thread, there are usually tons of different users with feedback. Videos too show a lot about a game. So, I like to play it fair cause I never own all 10 games every week, and if my gut feeling feels one game is my favorite like joe danger, wild blood, or nfs most wanted, I may vote for it even if I don't own it.

This is fairly rare though. Had my heart with joe danger but with all the problems with the release, I chose to buy it after a later date after a major update or something. But I have no problems voting for it, cause I know for me it's the best in my opinion.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... It's your decision after all. Just felt awkward on my end after hearing that.

16. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Looks like Dungelot came out on top; well deserved in my opinion.