TA Forums Game of the Week! (Feb 27th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Mar 1, 2013.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of February 27th?

Poll closed Mar 6, 2013.
  1. Crazy Bill

16.1%
  2. Penumbear

19.2%
  3. Real Racing 3

10.9%
  4. King Cashing 2

18.1%
  5. Danmaku Unlimited 2 - Bullet Hell Shmup

9.3%
  6. Nightmerica (USN)

5.2%
  7. Towelfight 2: The Monocle of Destiny

9.3%
  8. 1001 Attempts

3.1%
  9. AVP: Evolution

3.1%
  10. Bobbing

5.7%
  1. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    As much as I enjoyed Penumbear, Crazy Bill just feeds my zombie killer obsession

2. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Evil? No. Smart? Yes. Like every other form of IAP that tries to suck on my nipples, my money stays in my wallet.

I like to own my games, not rent them.

3. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    This is the first week that I could not play most of the games I was interested in on my iPad 1. That's not a good sign. But then came Bobbing :) That was a nice surprise, and it got my vote. Looks like a really strong week to me.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #84 undeadcow, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    Voted for Crazy Bill. I was really considering TowelFight 2 but with the near tie in place niw and TowelFight 2 out of the running figured I'd sway things as I could. Crazy Bill is a great game. It's a shame to see TowelFight 2 somewhat overlooked

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

1. Bobbing
    2. Danmaku Unlimited 2 - Bullet Hell Shmup
    3. 1001 Attempts

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Bobbing all the way. I didn't even nominate it (because I didn't own it pre-making my list of nominations), but now...well, let's just say it's by far one of the best games to ever come out on iOS. If you love(d) Polara, get Bobbing right, right, right now.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looking at the results, this proves that this is one of the strongest weeks this year for iOS releases.

Except for towelfight and bobbing, i have played these games, and each one has a certain charm and pretty good on their own. Despite that, the ones i dont hve, still get respectable number of votes which suggests these are really some good games this week which cater to each one of us.

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #88 awp69, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    I'd highly recommend both of those games - both could have easily gotten my vote as well. I know you liked Polara, so don't have much doubt that you wouldn't like Bobbing. And Towelfight is an excellent blend of dungeon crawling and dual stick fun.

Really wish I could play Penumbear, but can't on my 3GS. That and Danmaku Unlimited 2 are two that I haven't picked up that sound awesome.

Yeah, this was a good week for the iOS IMO.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, it's baffling that EP out of all people on TA hasn't played Bobbing yet. Shut up and get it broseph! ;)

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wt??? from the screenshots i didnt see the runner in Bobbing so... Bought! Grrrrr.

11. Kind polara runner mixed with gravity guy, you're type of game I would reckon.

12. Well, weird week, having a tough time choosing, this could have been one of the greatest weeks ever for me cause some heavy hitters like RR3, AVP, Danmaku 2 with smaller titles like Penumbear, bobbing, and crazy bill. But all the heavy hitters were kind of disappointing in some ways, and so while it is a good week overall in terms of quality, it is a very bitter sweet week, not the best week ever, which is kind of disappointing.

Anywayz, out of the heavy hitters, RR3 is the best, and I have got hours of entertainment for free. With the exception of the wait timers, inapp structure, and faulty AI, and no airplay support, this would have been the BEST game on ios. But, alas, it is now just a good game, not the best.

Penumbear has some of the coolest unique graphics found on a platformer and has a great unique theme to it. While not one of the heavy hitters this week, this is the game that I received the most surprise from, and the most joy rather than disappointment. It is a true gem.

However, I think I will just play each for 30 minutes tonight, just go with my heart, vote for the one that I think is the most fun. Out the window will go the disappointment, whether it is a heavy hitter or an indie, whether it is freemium or premium.

What is most fun, at least on this vote. Will come back tomorrow with my vote. Disappointing week for me, but there are a heck of a lot of good games, so all's good. :)

13. Just when I thought it was going to be between RR3 and Penumbear, lo and behold, I got my icade core joystick. Just happens that Danmaku 2 is icade compatible... Wow, so fun, so now it's down to RR3, Penumber, and Danmaku 2 with the icade core. Gonna be some fun tonight!

Check out my icade core at the bottom, attached.

Attached Files:

14. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Can't believe KC2 is beating out Penumbear + DU2... =oO

15. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Voted for penumbear..The game's concept,music and style is just phenomenal..Until if or when fez arrives for the IOS this game imo is the best puzzle platformer on the AppStore..

16. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I can. KC2 is a much more accessible game. In Penumbear, all you do is die, repeatedly, and it gets very frustrating to keep starting levels over and over and over. Yes, it's beautiful, and has great music, and cute characters, but the playability is off. That's why I voted to KC2. I'm enjoying it a lot more, personally.

17. Com2us|TaoFTW

Com2us|TaoFTW Active Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Game Community Manager
    Menlo Park
    DU2 gets my top vote. I have a soft spot for danmaku shmups. :D Penumbear gets my second vote.

18. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Hmm, this is one I have to check out! I do like my shmups!

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow, only about 12 hours to go and only two votes separating the top three and others not too far behind. Will be interesting to see who pulls out the win.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Prep teh popcorn!