TA Forums Game of the Week! (Feb 27th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Mar 1, 2013.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of February 27th?

Poll closed Mar 6, 2013.
  1. Crazy Bill

16.1%
  2. Penumbear

19.2%
  3. Real Racing 3

10.9%
  4. King Cashing 2

18.1%
  5. Danmaku Unlimited 2 - Bullet Hell Shmup

9.3%
  6. Nightmerica (USN)

5.2%
  7. Towelfight 2: The Monocle of Destiny

9.3%
  8. 1001 Attempts

3.1%
  9. AVP: Evolution

3.1%
  10. Bobbing

5.7%
  1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ahahaha... Nominations are over. Voting time!

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This thread is the perfect example as to why TA is a little, small, tiny minority in voicing out on anything. Still think RR3's pay model killed the RR franchise?

Not even TA's community complaints and suggestions sway themselves into saying no to the game. It has a respectable number of votes on TA's GotW, and it got a respectable review from TA.

EA is just laughing their asses right now and swimming in RR3 cash.

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I wasn't really too surprised when I saw it at #11 on the Top Grossing Chart in the US...

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Funny because I'm going to be one of their "evil" customers who is going to play the system and not pay a dime. I like to support devs, but not going to give into the asinine system they implemented.

5. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    I know.... I just bit confused to decide which one that I should vote... :)

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    DU2 and Bobbing are definitely my favorites this week, but I think both may be a bit to hardcore to have the broad appeal necessary to win this poll. If that's the case I at least hope KC2 or Penumbear takes it over RR3.

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    But that's not to say the vocal disappointment might not have helped contribute to the decision to lower wait times, it's always worth a try :)

P.S. More people need to play Danmaku Unlimited 2, or at least read the thread to see how awesome we think it is.

8. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I hate to say it, but with the $5 price point (which is actually pretty low considering the quality and genre), I think quite a few people are going to wait for a price drop. =o(

I just hope Sunny doesnt sell himself short and drop it below $2.99

9. #69 Connector, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
    I thought I saw awhile back that the developer posted that he was going to release the game at $2.99.

I've played 5 games this week, and it is a very strange week. This had the potential to be the best week ever with Real Racing 3, AVP, Danmaku 2, and others being released all in the same week.

But even with all of the potential to be the best week ever, it has turned in a lot of ways, the most disappointing week ever for me. Not in the game quality, cause the quality is high, but just disappointment from having to big of expectations I guess.

EA finally reduced the wait timers to less than one hour because of complaints for the US release, so at least now, the wait timers are tolerable and that was my goal in the whole boycott thing, for them to have wait times less than one hour, not 20 hours which it went up to at one point. So that is good, and I will be stopping my boycott EA signature cause now the wait timers are now drastically removed.

But as for which game I will vote for for, kinda between RR3, Crazy Bill, Bobbing, Danmaku 2, and Penumbear. With be a tough choice.

So most disappointing week, though in terms of game quality, it is a good week. Tight race, usually not this close with so many titles. So that is cool.

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I probably would have gotten it if it weren't for the warning about possible slowdowns on the 3GS. That said I am totally addicted to Crazy Bill so I feel good about my vote.

Bobbing is another game that is totally being missed. A awesome and hard-as-nails twist on the polarity/gravity runner concept. That would have easily been my second choice.

RR3 is good and looks fantastic, but still can't forgive it's wretched IAP system.

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha... I was leaning towards DU2.... Until I found my first GOLD bear in Penumbear...

Now I've gotta run through all my previously completed levels and try n see if theres any of the 12 gomd bears that I missed already...

The more I play, the more the game opens up. I love it.

12. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Seems they're still not getting the message.

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Torn between Crazy Bill and TowelFight 2... maybe I'll flip a coin.

14. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    The developer of Bobbing has contacted me and apologised, no biggie.

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I actually feel bad that his game isn't getting many votes. I probably should have voted for it because it really is a great well designed game (if infuriating at times :) ).

As for the votes overall, I'm amazed at how close this is. Don't think I remember a vote where there were so many games in contention. Good week!

16. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

What about 1001 Attempts?

17. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Nope, but the votes won't count anyway.

I cast my vote for Bobbing. Normally I try to abstain, but Bobbing is awesome and doesn't look like it's going to win anyway, sadly.

18. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Kind of sad that Eighty-Eight didn't get any love.

It's a really damn fun game.

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Kinda hard to get any sort of recognition with an iphone only app that doesnt support the iphone 5...

20. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    My choices:

1) Danmaku 2
    2) Danmaku 2
    3) Danmaku 2
    4) Danmaku 2
    5) Danmaku 2