TA Forums Game of the Week! (Aug 29th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Aug 31, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of August 29th?

Poll closed Sep 7, 2012.
  1. Bastion

29.3%
  2. The World Ends With You

22.9%
  3. Blast-A-Way

8.6%
  4. McPixel

4.3%
  5. Activision Anthology

2.1%
  6. Dragon Island Blue

26.4%
  7. Granny Smith

3.6%
  8. Splice : Tree of Life

1.4%
  9. Time Geeks & Friends Premium

1.4%
  1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I bought Bastion and Granny Smith this week. While Bastion is beautiful, polished and has a ton of content, Granny Smith is much more fun and gets my vote.

2. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    No FF: D ?

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    There were 3 games with the same amount of nominations this week, but only one spot left.

I had to cut the poll off at 9 games.

4. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    It's all good. But thanks for the explanation. =)
    I was just assuming the game didn't get enough nominations.

5. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Dragon Island for me and the runner up is Blast-A-Way

6. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Can't believe FF D didn't make the poll... First new 2d final fantasy game in 20 years... How is that not a worthy contender?

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wow. An iPad game in the lead and a 30$ game second! Surprising week! Votin for underdog tho - GO McPixel!

8. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    TWEWY is a masterpiece for me :D

9. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Truly a great week for iOS gaming, and as much as I'm loving Bastion, nothing even comes close to TWEWY.

10. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Nice to hear that Time Geeks get an update that removes the coin system, so my vote goes to time geeks.

11. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#51 Sanuku, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
    1. The World Ends With You: Solo Remix/Bastion
    2. Granny Smith
    3. Blast-A-Way

Note:

LoL I know I was right but I didn`t know how close I was it this time :D

[​IMG]

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... Yeah for me it was just either Bastion or TWEWY, with McPixel taking a solid 3rd spot.

Dragon Island Blue is a little surprising. I didnt pick that game up at and i dont think i will, so I wont know how it's getting the number of votes it's getting.

13. It's nice to see Bastion and TWEWY back-to-back at numbers 1 and 2. I never enjoyed the gameplay of the PC/Mac version much, but the iPad version feels a lot better. Hard to describe really...

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Got Granny Smith due to comments and I find it too much like Ski Safari, but instead of endless, level based... Same backflips, cabins, falling down and getting up again, so similar - _- Nobody noticed this?

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I can see the similarities, but frankly, I like Granny Smith better. The racing mechanic makes it more interesting and also like that you really need to time things right to grab onto swinging bars, etc.

Ski Safari is a good game. But it actually is quite a bit easier (IMO, at least) than any other horizonal runner I've played. I can get a lot longer distance and play for a lengthier time with that game than any runner I can think of.

I actually do hope they add some sort of endless mode to Granny Smith.

16. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Yeah that endless mode would be great... and multiplayer sounds even better (huge fan of endless games)

In my opinion, in Sky Safari the main goal is for the player to have fun... and fullfills that goal perfectly :)

17. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Whoa:eek:!!After a seemingly dominating lead by bastion and twewy over the polls,a third challenger emerges!!!even went up ahead over twewy..Dragon Island Blue seems to be either the dark horse or should i say the sleeper..Makes me think of buying it now as im still on the fence hehe...

18. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    I know TWEWY is a better quality game, but i'm voting for Blue Dragon Island. I dont want to get into a long discussion about this.

Given the developers' terrible history with porting other games before TWEWY. I'm not falling for this TWEWY as being the best game this week.

I just know Blue Dragon played it right by the book. They are newcomer and may not have much to begin with. They offered low price initially to give the game a try. It worked and not only that, it played great game-wise and probably nearly bug-free. Still, the developers are willing to improve on the game around feedbacks and even come on forums to respond. I'm impressed and im hoping my vote will push the developers to keep making better games. The Dragon island definitely got my vote.

19. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Dragon Island just didn't click with me. After watching the TA vid and playing it, I really don't see what all the fuss is about. Dungeons look terrible and a monster called Dark Priest? Really? A man in a Black trench coat is a monster? Idk I seem to be in the minority that doesnt like Dragon Island. Blast a way gets my vote

20. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    Hey everyone, I am from the Dragon Island Blue dev company. I am assuming the poll is over because I can not vote (not allowed to vote anyways). I just wanted to thank everyone for the votes. It means the world to us to see our game get so many votes on a week with many great AAA quality titles. Its a great honor. Thank you!