TA Forums Game of the Week! (Aug 15th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Aug 16, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of August 15th?

Poll closed Aug 23, 2012.
  1. Horn

35.9%
  2. Random Heroes

2.3%
  3. Puzzle Craft

37.5%
  4. Bad Hotel

7.8%
  5. Jack Lumber

2.3%
  6. Mad Skills BMX

7.0%
  7. Disney Fish Hooks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Flips Escape

2.3%
  9. Tread of the Dead

4.7%
  10. Critter Escape

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It totally has IAPs :confused:

2. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Im going to vote for horn because its the step in the right direction for ios gaming and the promise of what the future holds...(Now I can't wait for IBD and Wild blood to see how it matches up)..As they say great competition inspires creativity...Come on devs PG is laying the gauntlet down!!hehe..

3. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Jack Lumber
    Bad Hotel
    Horn
    Disney Fish Hooks (people need to try this more, it's fun and free without any IAP)

4. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Free and no IAP? :confused: What are they thinking?!

5. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I guess it's the advertisement for the TV program.
    This game is a very good puzzler - not to mention as polished as Where's My Water - with cute characters and nice simple storyline.

6. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    Puzzle craft :)

7. nestor

nestor Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Horn
    Random Heroes
    Jack Lumber

8. Lapiscloud

Lapiscloud Member

Jul 10, 2012
    USA
    Random Heroes
    Horn

9. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    After careful consideration, Puzzle Craft for me. It does pretty much everything right (except for a glitch that will hopefully be fixed soon). :p

10. Tonyzorz

Tonyzorz Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2011
    South Korea
    Puzzle craft
    Random heros

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOAH, I didn't nominate yet... =oO

Alrighty...

Critter Escape
    Flip's Escape
    Fish Hooks
    Tread of the Dead
    Meeblings

12. fluffernutter

fluffernutter Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Tread of the dead is my pick, I have been playing it so much I haven't had a chance to play any of the other games I bought this week.

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    agreed... Tread of the Dead is a great game, and is the one I've spent the most time with outta all the new releases. Definitely gonna be my pick

14. Flare_TM

Flare_TM Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Whats so good about tread of the dead? All you do is tilt the phone to guide ur chainsaw into zombies? Really boring... Anyway:

- Horn
    - Random Heroes
    - Critter Escape

Critter Escape isn't getting much attention but I think its quite good, like Spy Mouse, graphics and animations are great and it has over 100 levels.

As for Random Heroes, I hope it gets double jump and some more levels, apart fro mthat I like the LOE art style and it controls well

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]

Yes, and the same can be said about other games when you boil it down to the basics... "All you do is tap on the screen over and over again", "All you do is collect candies until you die", "All you do is slice up enemies over and over..." you get the point.

Basically... it's great figuring out how to deal with the various zombie patterns with the provided weapons, while trying to boost your score with combos. The other 4 gameplay modes add a ton to the game; Smashing through zombies with a vehicle, ala Zombie Highway, slicing through an endless onslaught of zombies with a never stopping chainsaw, slicing through zombies before they reach your base, ALL while trying to combo slice and smash the hell out of em... and then getting as far as you can while controlling a zombie - Endless Runner like... -

I love it, and really, I didn't need to explain why... but it definitely deserves a LOT more attention than it's getting.

You may not like it... but bring it up in the thread. The dev's there, and I'm sure he'd take your criticism and try and make the game even better. =o)

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Horn, Random Heroes and Mad Skills BMX.

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Random Heroes
    Fish Hooks

Nothing that I was incredibly excited about this week -- if I could play Horn that may have been a different story. RH was a little weak for Ravenous Games. Fish Hooks is surprisingly fun (especially for a completely free game) and different with the bubble mechanics.

18. #38 Connector, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    Going to pass this week. First time I didn't buy a game in this weekly period ever. Nothing seemed to have caught my eye.

Edit: changed my mind if it is not too late, looked at alot of games, and horn looks pretty cool, so I would like to nominate it even though I haven't played it yet if that is ok.

19. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Random heroes
    Bad hotel

20. fluffernutter

fluffernutter Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2011
    I can't really say what it is exactly, but it is the first game that has really grabbed me lately. I also bought Critter escape because I loved Spy Mouse, I haven't played it yet though so I don't know how good it is. I have been very disappointed in most of the games that I have bought lately, so for Tread of the Dead to grab me is great. I though maybe I was just getting burned out on gaming.