TA Forums Game of the Week! (Apr 17th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Apr 18, 2013.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of April 17th?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2013.
  1. Fangz

44.6%
  2. Cut the Rope: Time Travel

10.8%
  3. Legend of the Holy Archer

3.6%
  4. Fish Out Of Water!

4.8%
  5. Dark Quest

4.8%
  6. RPG Silver Nornir

9.6%
  7. Fist Face Fight

2.4%
  8. They Need To Be Fed 2

16.9%
  9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Rooftop Run

2.4%
  1. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    I gave RPG Silver Nornir some love - it was actually the only game I bought/downloaded this week (from the new releases). That said, the front runners - which right now are Fangz (by a lot) and TNTBF 2 are both solid, polished, and fun looking games even though they're not "my" type of game.

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Same here. I didn't get Fangz and if I'm going to throw my vote away I might as well go for a Kemco game.

Legend of the Holy Archer was pretty solid, but it has a few bugs that discount it a bit in my eyes. Examples? The file size keeps growing and growing the more you play (possibly a unity engine bug), one level at least is missing nearly all of the treasure chests, the game locks up if you get all the treasures in a level (thankfully it records completing the task but it shows again how unfinished the game is). Still, I had a lot of fun with it.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Neck and neck for third place... go, Dark Quest, go!

4. Bowler

Bowler Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Sales
    Wow, total runaway win for Fangz!

5. Yeah, been awhile when a game won in a landslide. I voted for it mainly cause it is going to be adding icade support, the dev seemed cool, and the comments in the main thread seemed good. But since the disk size was so big, haven't played it yet, but will definitely make space when the icade support is put in. So something to look forward to.

6. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I don't think people should vote for a game they haven't played yet. I get nominating, but isn't a vote supposed to be a recommendation for a good game that you actually played?

7. #87 Connector, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
    I always vote for the best game regardless of whether I bought it or not. Especially with so many games now going on sale after 3 days, 1 week, or turning freemium after a month.

I read almost all the threads, watch youtube for all games pretty much, and go by user reviews and feedback. Plus give brownie points for icade joystick support or how it plays on hdmi tv, plus if the developer is cool and will support his app or not do a bait and switch.

So I advocate voting for what one believes is the best game, not just one they can afford. Especially in these new times of early adopters getting the shaft after 3 days a lot of times.

I also have been active with the developer of Fangz in helping him decide which icade to buy, getting him info on where to purchase his icade core joystick in Europe, so I have been aiding in the development of the game to some capacity.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The only way for it to be completely fair is for everyone to play every game on the list, but even if there was a way to enforce it, we'd barely get any votes. It's more an indication of hype than anything else, best not to take it too seriously.

9. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I fully agree, should be the best game you PLAYED this week, not the hyped one or based on opinions that arent your own. People, please refrain yourselves from voting for a game you havent even played, for the sake of this poll...

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I always vote for games i have played, and i dont even want to vote for anything if i only played one game. I put them up as nominations, though.

11. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Exact Psience I like you and that wasnt meant towards you at all, I know you (TA only)... Just a reminder... Damn I said this too many times in a such short time...

12. #92 Connector, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    Well, I disagree with you. Then a freemium will almost always win, cause it will have the most players. Cause let's say one week I don't buy a game, I would be forced to vote for a freemium, no matter what under your rules... Probably 99% of the mass market out there doesn't buy an app a week, so to expect active purchasing is just not realistic. However, I do think it is best for people with no idea about a game not to vote for a game, or to create shill accounts to influence the votes.

Also, in these recent times (the last 3 months), where early adopters often are getting screwed over in 3 days, the reality of the situation is many people are waiting for sales of some of the high priced premium games. If they know deep down by looking at youtubes, reviews, threads, etc, that that is the game for them that week, they should be able to vote for it, cause they deep down know they will buy it at some point; and that the game is the best game that week regardless of whether they happened to buy it.

But anyway, it really is a mute point, there is no way to enforce it, and there is no rule in the rules about it, and even if there was, people would just do as they please anyway and not be as honest as I have with what I do. :)

If it makes you happy, the next time it happens (fairly infrequently), I will just say I have it already.

But one important point, I would like to mention again, is that I am assisting the developer of Fangz add icade joystick support. So while I am not actively playing the game right now due to the large disk size and missing icade support, on a future update, I will be enjoying the game I can assure you. :)

13. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I fully agree with Frost.

who forces you to vote for a game? If you don't buy a game next week, just wait for the next week and don't vote for a game you haven't even played.

14. #94 Connector, Apr 26, 2013
    I vote everyweek, nominate everyweek. When I say forced, it just means, that if I don't happen to buy an app that week, I will vote for a freemium. Soon, probably most games will be freemium. So forced no, but the reality is a freemium game will be voted for when I don't think it is the best game. I really think it is better to promote active participation, and as someone mentioned before, it is the spirit of the this thread that is important, not to take this voting too seriously. To encourage people to be less active cause of all the recent early adopter blues madness, is kinda sad, I think.

Anywayz, congrats to Fangz for winning this week! Congrats!

15. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I don't think freemium apps will win most of the GotW votings just because a handful of people stop voting for games they haven't played.

16. #96 Connector, Apr 26, 2013
    It will influence the voting I am sure, especially if the recent trend of many apps going to freemium and early adopter blues after 3 days become even more prevalent.

But on the counterside (which probably is 99% of the mass audience), answer this.

Why is it fair that people with the most money get the best chance to vote and influence this poll?

And another question.

If you were voting for the fastest car, and you had a ford pinto, would you vote for the ford pinto or a ferrari?

17. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Quoted for truth. You dont have to vote for a freemium game or any game every week, it doesnt work that way. I think a poll is to show your support for the game I like the most of all I played this or any week.

18. #98 Connector, Apr 26, 2013
    Truth? Hehe, just cause you agree with one other user? I vote every week, if you are saying I shouldn't that is kinda sad. I do support every game I vote for. I know I don't have to vote everyweek, but if people are encouraged not to vote, it kinda goes against the point of this thread which is to promote voting.

Well, you have made me justify my position, answer my two questions above.

-------

But on the counterside (which probably is 99% of the mass audience), answer this.

Why is it fair that people with the most money get the best chance to vote and influence this poll?

And another question.

If you were voting for the fastest car, and you had a ford pinto, would you vote for the ford pinto or a ferrari?

19. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    are you serious? Everyone knows that a ferrari is faster then a ford pinto
    But I don't know if for example Fangz (paid game that I/you haven't purchased) is better then f.e Iron Man (Freemium). So I vote for Iron Man or I don't vote for anything.

20. You missed the more important question.