TA Forums Game of the Week! (22/Sep)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by arta, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

TA Forums Game of the Week! (22/Sep)

1. Where's My Water?

20 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Another World

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Stardash

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Test Launch

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  5. Monster Island

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Don't stir sh** up with phrases like that.
    The rest of your post is opinion, that line makes me feel dirty for being here. These forums are great.

Just because you don't think a game deserves the votes it got, doesn't mean no one else did. I think Test Launch is a better game and therefore voted for it.

Sorry about that, moving on now.

2. elliottAPPS

elliottAPPS Active Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Man what are you talking about? ..I don't even have any co-workers. I posted the link on the GameSalad forums yes but thats it (and since when is that not allowed? I was letting people know that my game was up for Game of the Week and that thread is in no way deleted). I work alone and I really don't appreciate the accusations I'm getting from you.

EDIT: Thank you Echoseven.

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Wow, this thread got crazy in a hurry.

4. ShempSter

ShempSter Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Very true, that is what gets me. Test Launch is garbage compared to Where's my Water (not that it is great either). These Game Salad folks should be watched closely, they are known for producing "Cr-apps" and then sharing promo codes to try and boost ratings.

I do not rely on ratings, I rely on posts from these forums to help me weed out the junk apps, but apparently this is not longer true when they are allowed to blatentley cheat :(

Ah well, next week perhaps there will be good apps, not junk

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    If you rely on posts and opinions, why are you relying on anonymous votes to tell you what game you should think is better? I posted in that thread and I'm posting in this one with my personal opinion - and I did not get a promo code or any encouragement from the Dev. I just think his is a better game.

Now I'm not attacking you or anything, don't take it the wrong way. Just saying...

6. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    Wow... I have nothing to say to you. I think if anything you don't deserve to be on these forums. Also maybe you should actually try it out. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.

P.S. To anyone who's not going insane right now, I have a nice update coming later this week :)

7. ShempSter

ShempSter Member

Apr 16, 2010
    You are relatively new here I see. Anyway, its not that I don't think it deserves votes, its that he is cheating! I normally lurk here but when I seen the post (now deleted) on Game Salad, it ticked me off.

He did not win anyway because the 2 votes were not subtracted yet, but thats not the point.

8. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    There was no post about cheating!! The link that I shared is still there but I was only telling people that my game was nominated. Also there was only 1 vote as I do not have anyone else working for me.

This is crazy, I don't deserve this...

9. ShempSter

ShempSter Member

Apr 16, 2010
    I normally do not post much, or reply to contest posts like this, I use reviews and other things. Touch Arcade is a great place filled with very good information! But when I read what was said in GS I had to at least say something.

Anyway, I suppose it doesn't matter at this point, but I will make it a point to never buy any apps from that guy.

I did not take your reply as an attack :)

10. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    ShempSter please enlighten us with what this post said.

11. ShempSter

ShempSter Member

Apr 16, 2010
    You said that the end of the contest was near, and that you needed 3 more votes to tie Water, and since nobody was helping you, you would have the two guys who helped you make the game vote for it after you voted for yourself.

Then someone replied that it is against the rules, you said "oops I did not know". Soon after I posted my first reply here, the post was deleted.

I am not going to argue with you, I like these forums and don't want trouble. So at this point I am just looking for a way to ignore your posts.

12. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Hmm whoa. You have a link to the thread?

13. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    Well considering that the actual thread is still live how bout I just post a link :)

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=32352

I never once said anything that I'm being accused of ..I asked the people of GameSalad to vote ..they were not obliged to, and if they did well then I thank them. That is all.

I hope people here don't believe what this guy is saying about me because I do try very hard as an indie dev to make games that I love and that other people love and to get sh** on like this really sucks.

Thank you,
    Aaron
    elliottAPPS

14. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Let's stop with the accusations please.

I was surprised to see 'Test Launch' ahead of 'Where's my Water' too, but if a few members of the GameSalad community choose to vote for it, that would make sense.

These polls are normally "public" so we can all see who voted & can ensure no developers are voting for themselves, so let's return to that next week.

Red1.

15. ShempSter

ShempSter Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Thats what I went to do before but the thread was deleted. So unfortunately there is no way to prove it anymore. But I am ignoring him and will never buy anything he sells in the future because I swear the post was there, and he even admits himself here in this thread that he voted (and the vote was not subtracted). Well according to the deleted thread he had 3 bogus votes including his own.

Like I said we may as well forget it now since the post is gone and it can't be proven. I see he is a newbie in this forum, I am not, I have been lurking here for almost 2 years and I don't want to start trouble.

NOTE: The link that elliottAPPS posted above is NOT the thread I am talking about. The thread I am talking about is gone.

16. ShempSter

ShempSter Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Sounds great!

17. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Messages deleted.

Can you both stop please.

18. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    Of course ..I don't even understand what started all this...

Red1 I'm sorry it got out of hand but I was just defending myself and my company.

19. ShempSter

ShempSter Member

Apr 16, 2010
    So "Where's My Water?" got my vote this time. I wish the choices were better, but this game seems to be the best of this bunch, so it got my vote!

Good luck to them!

20. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Sorry for the wait.

Voting ended. Thanks for participating. :)