T.V. Shows

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Booch138, Aug 30, 2010.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    who here likes ADVENTURE TIME?

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah it's coming man it's coming. It will be amazing when it get's here too!

My wife and I are rightous It's Always Sunny fans. Can't wait!!

3. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    #43 Electric_Shaman, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
    Generally it's not the BBC that kills them off, it's the creative team behind the show that decide it's done. Which is great I think, because they don't dilute the show, and know that they'll get recognition for making a great show, which will garner interest for their next project.

Although it does mean there doesn't seem to be anything decent on TV at the moment. The last mildy interesting new show was Misfits, and that's wasn't exactly great.

Doctor Who is awesome. Even if it does follow a pretty boring formula, it still manages to stay fresh and interesting. I think Matt Smith is a decent doctor, although he needs to come into his own more, and I have yet to see that anger that Tennant and Eccleston portrayed so well. If you think of how different the first two doctors in the reboot were, Smith is a bit too similar to Tennant IMO.
    But I disagree on Karen Gillan/Amy Pond being a good companion. She remains fairly 2D, even though she's the most developed companion yet in terms of backstory. She seems just as mysterious and flat as she did in her first appearance. Not to mention she has Rory tagging along all the time, although he has grown on me since the finale.

4. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I liked amy because she seems stronger than the others. She's able to take control of a situation rather than being the "companion". For instance when she let the space whale go. she made the decision herself. Also it's great to see another fan here. No one I know has ever watched it. The most is a few who watched it for 10 seconds and said it's weird. Really annoying.

5. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    +12484761746921 For Adventure Time.

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    http://adventureti.me/

it's a magical, magical site where you can watch all of the episodes.

7. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    WOOHOO!!!!!! That's exactly what I've been looking for! :D

8. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Did anyone else like Extras as much as myself?

9. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Jervais is great, I'm looking forward to that new show they all have on Sky One soon.

10. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    Who here likes two and a half men?

11. walsh06

Have you seen the cartoon version of it yet? Its really funny. It was on channel 4 I think.

12. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I was really into it a few months back, very funny stuff.

I did see that mate, I think the Sky One show is a totally new concept. Check it out online, "An Idiot Abroad".

13. walsh06

Ya I know what an idiot abroad is. I cant wait for it too. Its weird that i recognised them (well i knew ricky) when I saw their real life counterparts. Do you know when it starts??

Also did anyone watch sherlock? I only found out about it a couple of days ago and plan on starting watching it.