T.V. Shows

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Booch138, Aug 30, 2010.

1. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    http://www.tv.com/ isn't bad.

Here's my list of favorites:

Dexter
    The Office
    House
    Fringe
    Californication
    Entourage (you'll be missed)

I'll follow a few more, but those are my favorites.

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Really? That's cool. Here I thought it was just the same old Joey only by himself with new chars. lol. Guess I'll have to DL an episode or something sometime.

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I'm a bit late, but I figured I'd jump in.

Seeing as I don't have cable :)eek:), the only show I've been watching lately is The Office, and occasionally The Simpsons and Seinfeld if I happen to catch them.

4. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension
    i dont have a tv but i can often find shows online and on netflix of course:D I recently started watching the big bag theory..i really like it....im almost done watching season 1. i also watch simpsons..family guy..and a handful of others....

If you know of any tvs shows i might like..lay them on me.

5. TheGreemSim

TheGreemSim Well-Known Member

Recently gotten into the office after seeing an episode on a plane. A really great mix of character far superior to the british version.

6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Go in not knowing anything my man. You'll enjoy it more that way!

7. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    ah, the wonders of discovering new joys on an airplane. I myself have grown to like certain sitcoms as a result of boredom on a plane, after seeing all of the good movies lol

8. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Nope. Just nope

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    ...you don't have a TV?

10. TheGreemSim

TheGreemSim Well-Known Member

Yep. Just Yep.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The US Office sure is a lot less subtle... I can see some people preferring that.

12. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Still, no.

It's different, but not superior. I wouldn't say the British is superior either though.

13. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Well I love friends. I own all 10 seasons and have watched each episode a minimum of 5 times. I have watched my favourite about 15-20 times though (the one where Ross is fine). The other comedy I love which is finished is scrubs. It had some Greta moments and characters. Own 1-7 on DVD.

My other comedies are big bang theory and how i met your mother. I only just started watching that but I'm almost done season 5 after only a few weeks. It's so funny. And big bang theory is epic just for Sheldon alone.

Now onto my dramas of the finished ones only one sticks in my mind. That's the O.C. which I recently finished watching. I own the 4 seasons and decided to go back and watch them all. It reminded me why I loved it before.

My two crime dramas are bones and ncis. The things that I enjoy about these is the characters. They are not dull lifeless people with sunglasses. They have great stories. Another Show which I love but is less known is Friday night lights. I'm really hoping some people here watch it. It really is an underrated show.

And finally the show which I think is my favourite. Doctor Who. I have been watching the remake since season 1 and love it so much. David tenant was amazing for his seasons and now Matt smith has shown up and is so awesome. He has had some epic moments in just one season. Plus Karen gillan as Amy pond is the best companion yet I think.

Well that was a long post but I do like my tv shows.

14. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Family Guy
    American Dad
    Fringe
    Royal Pains
    Warehouse 13
    Robot Chicken
    Lie to Me
    Castle
    Chuck
    White Collar
    Human Target
    Covert Affairs
    Glee
    House
    ARCHER
    The Simpsons
    Eureka

Bold means I keep coming back for more. Normal is just stuff I watch to past time.

15. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I finally finished the quest i began last year...to watch all nine seasons of The X-Files, in order. It was totally worth it, even with the last two seasons that everyone hates.

16. Giggity

Giggity Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Looking For Job
    USA
    The Office, Big Brother, South Park, Family Guy, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia... and I think im forgetting another one..

17. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Still waiting for the new season of It's Sunny, seems like it's been forever.

Also I noticed people debating the BBC Office to the US one, but can someone explain to me why BBC comes out with brilliant shows then kills them off after a couple of seasons?

18. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Becaus that's how they stay legendary. If you have too many, they lose plot ideas or become boring. Look at little Britain - after season 2 it was te same repetative crap and no longer funny. If they left it at two, or even one it'd be more popular.

Also, as we pay a TV licence, everyone has different tastes so if someone doesn't like a show, they don't want series after series. It's best to just keep them short and sweet and everones happy.

19. Joshn

Joshn Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    England
    I like house, dexter, UK office, extras, scrubs. A few that haven't been mentioned yet:

Peep show (brilliant comedy)
    The inbetweeners (one of the best comedies to come out in a while)
    Top gear (how come no one has mentioned this :p)

20. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I quite like The Inbetweeners myself, it's absolutely nuts.