T-Mobile's G1 and the Android Platform

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by rafiparrrr, Sep 28, 2008.

1. rafiparrrr

rafiparrrr Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Hey, I was just wondering if TouchArcade will be covering game releases on Google's Android platform. I just ordered one and the coverage here on the iPod Touch/iPhone scene is wonderful, so it would be awesome to see similar news on Android games, given that they fall under the title of "TouchArcade". Any thoughts?

2. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Well, regarding the subtitle of this site I'd say "no" :). There are other touch screen based devices out there for years and I don't see reviews for them here.

Why did you buy a G1? While I find Android to be very interesting I think the G1 is, well... I yawn on it :). No video playback, no sync app like iTunes, no standard headphone speaker, I mean, WTF HTC?

3. networkman

networkman Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    toronto, canada
    The current G1 looks, feels and runs as a very out-dated device.

As stated, in the title of the website.

touchArcade
    ...Keeping you in touch with the latest in iPhone gaming.

I'm sure someone will setup a similar site for G1-android in time.

Keep googling... <pun intended>

I'm NOT interested in the G1.
    :cool:

4. lw1234

lw1234 Active Member

Sep 5, 2008
    I really hope TouchArcade doesnt start covering Android. I love coming to TouchArcade for iPhone gaming news and reviews. I like knowing that everything that appears on this site is or will be playable on my handset, and I really don't want to have to share.:)

This is an iPhone gaming site, and I'd really like to keep it that way.

5. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    I honestly dont want to see Google's platform anywhere near this site. First of all with all the data collection Google does I among many others are very suspicious of their plans. Secondly it isn't as good as the iPhone/iPod Touch for many reasons and the main one that sticks out is that it has a touch screen, and multi-touch to add. If you don't want Google profiling you with hovering CCTV cameras and plugins attached to every device then leave it :p

6. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    #6 dudehuge, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
    Nope I don't want that. Take your Android sudoku, breakout, pong, match-3 clones somewhere else. We already have a lot of those here. I go to Touch Arcade daily to see if there are any good apps to buy for my iPhone.