Sync over Multiple Computers

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by EB1089, Nov 28, 2010.

1. EB1089

EB1089 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Student
    #1 EB1089, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
    Here's an interesting dilemma I have. I have an old laptop and a newer laptop with iTunes installed on both; both with iTunes libraries chock-full of game apps. I have one Apple account that I use for both laptops as well and both laptops are authorized under my Apple account.

Okay. I originally downloaded 100 Nazi Scalps on the old laptop. Seeing as how it was pulled from the App Store, I want to copy it to my newer laptop's library but when I did, iTunes said it couldn't find the "original file and would you like to locate it?" even though I copied and pasted 100 Nazi Scalps and Napsters into my new laptop's iTunes library.

Obviously, my iPod touch 3G is currently synced to the library on my new laptop. So my question is how do I copy my 100 Nazi Scalps game from the old laptop to my new one? Also, if I have to sync my iPod touch to the old laptop thereby erasing everything that's currently on my device, will that also delete my achievements in those games from Game Center? Thanks for any help.

2. EB1089

EB1089 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Student
    Nevermind. I found a workaround. If anyone's having similar issues, I simply "tricked" iTunes on the old computer into thinking it was the new one by transferring everything that was currently on my iPod touch to the old library and then syncing the couple apps I needed to the device. After that, I simply transferred those apps to my new laptop's iTunes library.