Universal Syllablade - Word Battling RPG (by Naquatic)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Naquatic, Oct 18, 2017.

1. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Michael and Will, really fun game. Haven't lookes at charts but hope its dynamite for you both, much deserved success for two hardworking bros.

2. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    I got the doubler and I haven't seen an ad that wasn't optional (watch to get coins, etc)

3. aussiepaul

aussiepaul Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Thanks. #

4. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    #64 shfrost, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    After reaching "Prestige," I'm not receiving any gold from chests!

Also, the ads are incredibly annoying once you hit the later levels. They even appear as soon as you boot the game! C'mon, man. I really enjoy the game, but I have to say it needs a cleanup crew. I hope these relatively small issues are addressed because a good game like this should not have so many blemishes. Still playing.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I've also experienced multiple lockups, mainly after beating a level. Freezes on the last screen of the battle, forcing me to exit the game and reboot it. I usually then have to replay that last level (with a new letter layout).

5. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Enjoyed it for a while, but the ads and heavy RNG aspects were a huge turnoff.

It's kinda dumb spending a while carefully crafting words and then you get frozen, losing a turn.

Come on... there's nothing fun about that.

6. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    After more grinding for the clan, a boatload of ads, a couple more screen freezes, and no Dev in sight to tell us how this game will improve, I'm losing interest quickly. I don't want to bail on the excellent clan I just joined (we're #2 at the moment, and rising), but it's beginning to feel like more work than play. That ain't good.

# Hey, Dev! Little help? ...please?

7. heybbywsup

heybbywsup Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Same here. Lots of bugs. The reward for a week long clan war is meager as heck. splitting pot between 20 people is quite cheap. plus needs to be more rewards than just gold since you can only do so much with it too. needs more features? allow us to trade gold for gems. this will probably be my last week of playin if things dont turn up.

8. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Exactly. I didn't even mention the reward system in my posts. It's pretty ridiculous. Even if your clan comes in at #1, the 20k in gold is split 20 ways! And even if that sounds reasonable (???), I've found that you simply don't need that much gold outside of your battle winnings.

As it stands now, there is no carrot to chase except for clan bragging rights, which feels entirely unfulfilling and ends weekly. The reward system, such as it is, simply sucks. Give us new weapons, new gems, powerups... Actually, gems are not THAT worthwhile. Sure, you need them occasionally, but I'm more than halfway through Prestige 1 and I'll bet I haven't used more than a couple dozen (if that) since I began the game. I have a ton in the bank.

So, what's it need?
    1) bugs fixed
    2) game balance!
    3) revamped reward system to give us a reason to play and desire to return.
    4) better clan interaction -- the terribly simplified chat page doesn't cut it. Ugly and fairly useless.
    5) a WAY better dictionary

Now that I've typed this out, I think it might be time for me to quit. That's too bad because I see so much potential. Time to think on it.

9. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Hi all, we've been hard at work on an update to address as many of these as possible. It'll be available as soon as Apple approves, which has recently been in the 24 hour range.

• Added helpful tips
    • Expanded dictionary
    • Fixed reporting of certain achievements
    • Adjusted chest spawns
    • Smoothed difficulty
    • Tons of other bug fixes too numerous to list

Just sent you a PM for clarification on a few of these!

Thank you bro :)

10. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    PMs returned.

11. aussiepaul

Aug 18, 2013
    #71 aussiepaul, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    It would be good to buy powerups with coins.
    I got the coin doubler, have heaps of coins and have bought everything that is unlocked.
    Now Im grinding levels just to try and unlock more outfits and weapons.
    The game is fun, just needs a bit more to spend coins on and more to attract people to clans.
    Also the freeze is pretty annoying.

12. subby

subby Member

Aug 7, 2017
    Journalist
    Canada
    Can I link my iPad and iPhone? Also, will it link with Android too?

13. aussiepaul

Aug 18, 2013
    #73 aussiepaul, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Update seems ok.
    Got to buy dwarf outfit and now have a shield on the word board #
    Playing since the update seems a bit easier #

14. Terra501

Terra501 New Member

Oct 29, 2017
    Looking for clansmen

You are invited to join clan Bonerz!

We work hard. #

This is a new clan, but I plan to kick members who don’t meet bone contributions, so that we can rise as a group! (No dead weight allowed)

Invite code: MURUT736

Come work hard and play hard with us! ☠️

15. P4WN

P4WN New Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Apparently 2nd best Clan

Berzerkas, our clan, is recruiting active members :D Everyone is welcome as long as you play a few round daily. Apparently we are now the 2nd on the leaderboard and are planning to become 1st. Just tell me your username so I wont kick you on accident :rolleyes: So our invite code is PYQEX493

16. rich1574

rich1574 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Great game

Was lucky enough to be one of the chosen for the beta test. Thoroughly enjoyed the game, great dynamic and sense of progression with the game never making one resort to grinding in order to advance through the levels. The clan battle idea seems like good fun as well.
    Overall highly recommended!