Universal SXPD (by Little Chicken Game Company)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Wrong posted in the upcoming thread...

"Since i don't have my ipad miniR with me, i could not invest more time in this beauty (still level 2), but i chime in that the re-spawn is not ideal right now. I'm sure you'll find a good solution for this.

My GOTW (only soft launch), a tiny bit ahead of Hearthstone since i always prefere such a good overall package over any board game."

And now : Get off my lawn !

Edit: yeah the iphone might be a bit too small, but since it's my prefered gaming device (always with me) i'm very looking forward to have it.

2. Muppetpuppet

Muppetpuppet Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    wow a tiny bit ahead of Hearthstone, wow thats.... dunno... really epic

3. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  4. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    Nice man,, gonna share the heck out of it ,thanks

5. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Hey if we can see to read the text from this small pictures in preview post on iphone then we can also read in game xD but seriously, release it like universal, and later if its necesary update with biger fonts. Same thing as it was with star wars kotor. But release it universal so we can all enjoy :)

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ha ha that was a classic game. Great to see its a homage to it

Cant wait to try this game out in the UK, looks stunning

7. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    Update in preparation for worldwide release

So the worldwide release is slated for the 15th which is next week. (off course depends on submission approval by apple)

But we've had a good read through the feedback, and I can tease a few of the new things that will be in the worldwide release (or in the first update, depending on apple again)

First of all we've added a bunch of arcade modes, separate challenges where you can train and hone your skills. Including a Deathchase tribute challenge.

Secondly the game will now have a full tutorial on the controls , we noticed some people hadn't found the dual finger slide for Nitro for instance, or the missiles)

Also we added plenty of fixes and tweaks to the game. For instance the resetting after a crash could be problematic or harsh, that's been reworked to work better and more forgiving.

As soon as the update is live, I hope to share some the new screens and art, as well as a proper update changelog.

After that getting the game to iPhone will be our top priority.

So we're all anxious and excited about the worldwide release, and working hard to provide the most bang for your money.

8. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    cool, can't wait to try this game :)

9. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Maaan i was hoping for universal suport at lounch :(
    Oh well... :(
    Sooo when aproximatly we can expect iphone version? Hipe its not to long :(

10. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    SXPD 1.1.0 update screens

Hi everyone , here are some sample screens from the update that's coming, hopefully before the wordwide launch thursday..

Tutorial mode
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SXPD acadamy/arcade modes
    [​IMG]

Time trial challenge
    [​IMG]

Kill count challenge
    [​IMG]

3D Deathchase tribute mode:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Regarding universal: We're on it!, it will happen and we're hellbend on having it in the next update;)

11. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    launch postponed to the 22nd

Hi everyone, sadly we missed our launch window by one day,. Apple approval process can vary sadly..

The update has been approved and will be live on the canadian appstore l,later today.

Worldwide release will happen next thursday, our apologies. But we really wanted to launch the best possible version with all the new changes and extra content.

Hope you understand.

We're now aiming at having a universal version very shortly after worldwide release as well.

12. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Geez, Louise...ah well...waited this long...another week won't hurt

13. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    @ coleDaddy I can get you a promocode, If you have the time to post some impressions here on the thread. ? we'd love some feedback on the update/

14. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Sure, PM the code and I'll post some impressions. Thanks!

15. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    In preparation for the update to universal (switfly after release) we will also submit an update before launch with full gamecentre support, including challenges and hiscores for all the arcade modes.

16. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks for the promo code! I will provide some impressions over the weekend. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far...

17. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Got my hands on this game this weekend, an man i was plesently thrilled :) first of all graphic and artwork is simply phenomenal! Comic design and gameplay like this is great combination. Controls are fluid, easy and well made. I dont wonna spoil story for future players but il just say you wont be disapointed. Gameplay is adictive as exspected. All in all, story, graphic, design, gameplay everinthing is in place and functioning like its sopouse to do. As the devs said, this was worth of waiting :D

18. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Thanks again for the promo code.
    Following is my review. I had fun with it.
    Do with it what you want.

SXPD

I am almost at a loss for words. Don't get too excited. I said ALMOST! he he
    What can I say? This game is Hot, hot, hot!
    The black and white stylized graphics by DC comic book artist Duke Mighten make this an instant classic.
    If I could put this game on the shelf next to Aunt Molly's porcelain piggies , I would. This game deserves a spot on the shelf of priceless collectors items.
    SXPD is a fast paced and enjoyable racing game full of action. More than a race, it's a science fiction comic book and you are in the thick of it. The back ground story is the kind that belongs in a sci fi studio. And; I wouldn't be surprised if one day I look up and see; "SXPD, Motion Picture," at the theater.
    I am reminded of the films that blend both comic book and reality together. There's a bit of nostalgia here and yet; cutting edge.
    Playing the game is a fun challenge. It takes a while to show skill. Believe me, you'll die plenty of times. But the game is very forgiving and starts over for you. You tilt your device for direction & tap the screen to shoot the enemies. Use 2 fingers for heart pumping speed when you find nitrous.
    Don't give up and you'll be rewarded with intense gameplay and the knowledge that you are helping to save the people of the 52nd state of America from a weapon of mass destruction......
    People will love you, adore you, want to be you..... Er... OK fine. Not in real life.
    Or, maybe..... .?
    I guess you'll have to play the game to know for sure. :)
    I can't guarantee you the popularity, but instead, maybe a smile.
    Especially when you find the additional content. A 42 page digital comic book.
    Once you get the hang of it, the game may seem a little short. But, with all enthusiasm I proclaim, there's more coming and they can only get better.
    If you like comic books, stylized art, speed, action, and a new style, then this is the one for you.
    Like I said; hot, hot, hot.

19. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    Nice Thank you for your impressions;) and for all the others without promocodes, It'll be released worldwide thursday..

20. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    We'll, I certainly can't wait. I'm on the verge of buying a US iTunes gift card to see if it'll work on my CA account...anyone know if this works? I want this game NOW