Sword & Poker

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Jan 7, 2010.

1. mrkgoo

mrkgoo Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Use Chaos. And the trident. Keep repeating flushes to get a few 50 hits in repeatedly.

Either that or use a healing weapon to keep you going.

2. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    welcome to tA!:D

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Update 1.1 is now out.

changes:
    BUGFIX

So far the menus feel a lot faster to me but that could just be me seeing things. Other than that I don't see any changes

4. spawn12345

spawn12345 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Thanks for posting the changelog... mine was in chinese, didnt know what the update did :p

5. Wingy

Wingy Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Cheers mate I have been trying that actually but it's hit and miss really, sometimes you can take out enemies in 3/4 moves, sometimes your dead before you know it.....fun tho lol.

6. colbertj

colbertj Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    College Professor
    Massachusetts
    I really wonder what kind of support will go into this game. I finished it yesterday and the only reason I see to keep playing is to get all the items. I don't want to delete it from my system because it will delete my profile.

Great game by the way, I've put A LOT of time into it over the past week. By the way, here's my best profile:

Weapon: Kotetsu
    Shield: Master Shield
    Perks: Lucky 7, ?, and Chaos

Here's how I did it:
    Use the chaos right off the bat. Statistically you will be able to make at least one straight. That takes off 36 and releases paralysis which gives you another turn. Chances are you will get another straight. Continue until all the 2 wild spots are taken up and you will have the opponent down to almost nothing.

It will be tempting to throw down a five of a kind or four of a kind, but only do straights and straight flushes.

The only downfall is if they steal your shield or block the paralysis. Then it's up to your skill!!

7. tochan

tochan Well-Known Member

killed the final boss.. Gonna try to get kotetsu now :) I hope they keep updating cause I dont want to delete this game.. :(

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I love this game, but I'm on level 24 and am now feeling a bit Sword & Poker burnt out, I must admit. The good news is that I can set this game aside and come back to it again later, and I will.

I wish the game had OpenFeint support. Achievements would be nice.

9. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Is it me or is this game genius?

10. tochan

tochan Well-Known Member

No. 1 on Japanese store, gamer's country (arguably) means cant go wrong for me :D

love this game.. :0 Wish the Dev can come here although I got a feeling that he/she doesnt communicate in english well :rolleyes:

11. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    Cool game, if you don't have it yet I suggest picking this one up! The music bring me back to my FF days.

12. mrkgoo

mrkgoo Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Once you have excalibur, the game basically requires no more skill (except for the final boss, but even that can easily be defeated without eh right combination of skills).

13. Wingy

Wingy Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    I agree with what everyone has said - once you grind out the cash for excalibur -the sword lives up to its name - it's way too powerful.
    After failing over 15 or so times on level 29 - I went back a few levels grinded and then breeze through until the final boss who because of his immune to paralysis makes him a somewhat challenge.
    If they are going to support this game they need to introduce monsters with immunity to paralysis which then will make you sort of miffed that you spent all that time getting the sword in the first place....

14. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I just got his game. It is freakin fun! I also love the music.
    BUt can anyone explain to me how to use the RPG functions?

15. minorpane

minorpane Well-Known Member

Can't believe I held back on this

16. mrkgoo

mrkgoo Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Nah, I think it's a good thing. It's a real reward for a change.

17. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    This game is the true 5-star 99 cents game..

18. Wingy

Wingy Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    I dunno dude - don't get me wrong the satisfaction on my face when I was wiping out monsters who were owning me previously was immense but then after that when you realise every enemy doesn't pose any challenge then it sort of defeats the point as you don't get any urgency or strategy in battles anymore.l

19. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA

I agree completely with this. Don't get me wrong. This is a fantastic game worthy of a 5-star review on Itunes, and it is well worth the price. It gives you hours and hours of great gameplay. However, once you get Excalibur, you can easily breeze through the last 5-7 levels without much strategy at all because almost all of even the most powerful monsters are not immune to paralysis. After all of the great work you put it to get to that point, the last 5-7 levels are anticlimactic.

I really hope future updates are coming for this game, with more levels, more weapons, and tweaks to the current system to make Excalibur less powerful.

20. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    The game isn't making you use the Excalibur...