Sword & Poker

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Jan 7, 2010.

1. AClockworkSausage

AClockworkSausage Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Systems Analyst
    Game Impressions

Love the game. Nice gameplay and graphics.
    The music, whilst sounding like a direct copy from Final Fantasy, is great to begin with but soon becomes very repetitive.
    Still, a great game at 99c / 50p. Snap it up whilst it is still so low!

2. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    whilst, indeed!

I'm enjoying the bejesus out of this title. don't miss it!

3. vicente.ramirezch

vicente.ramirezch Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 8, 2009
    Santiago, Chile.
    Omg, i'm so in love with this game! Awesome graphics and addicting gameplay.

4. rein

rein Active Member

Nov 27, 2009
    I have just now beat the first boss. Fun game so far but one thing I have noticed is since I always seem to go first, and the board is the same size, boards always end with the MOB getting the last play unless I have passed a turn. Does it stay like this?

5. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Rein... Yep, it stays the same, that's the mechanics of the game board. It is a bit of a bummer, but not much can change with the game rules.

And you always go first... would be cool to have a draw of the cards to see who gets to go first, but that isn't in the game... Yet.

Love the game...

6. mrkgoo

mrkgoo Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Previously I found the game to be lacking and boring, but I have to admit I was wrong. The game is certainly a lot more fun once you get deeper into the items and magic. The strategy, while never becoming super deep is engaging enough to keep you interested. Yes, you go first every game, and thus have to pass a turn to get the 'last' slot, but that can be risky, as there are only 10 turns per round, and there's no guarantee that you will get that position.

7. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    It's also worth noting that it depends on where that last slot is. If it's a corner slot you're talking about a possible 5 hand combo. If it's a side slot you're looking at each player getting at most a 3 hand combo. It's really all how you manage your hand and the board.

8. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    Very nice pickup & play little game; very enjoy it. just getting little bit boring after you played for a while; too repeated and never die with Heal + Copy magic.

overall, it totally worth 99cents

9. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Has anyone else noticed extreme battery drain in this game? Doesn't seem like it should burn that much...

10. Scar006

Scar006 Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Awesome Game

Really great game, have such a hard time putting it back done once I started playing.

The gameplay gets deeper and more interesting with each level.

It defenetly improves compared to the beginning where it seemed too much luck based. Later on strategy comes more and more into play.

I must have title for everyone.... hoping for some dlc to come once I finish it

11. BulletGoose

BulletGoose Active Member

Nov 12, 2009
    This game is great, but why no music support. 90% of the time i listen to podcast or my own music while playing please fix this in the next update.

12. aloepar1

aloepar1 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    USA
    Agreed.

The "Heal" magic item. How do you determine how much you are going to get healed?

13. BigDrahma

BigDrahma Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 8, 2009
    It's a percentage of your Max Coins... I think it's like 10% for 1, 20% for 2, 30% for 3 and 40% for 4... maybe 11/22/33/44% I do know that it goes up as you level up your bag.

14. vinakro

vinakro Member

Mar 2, 2009
    For anyone's who finished all the levels, is there anything else to do afterwards? Newgame+? Free battle?

15. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    What a crazy-addictive game. I just got it today, and it totally screwed up my work day...

16. wonderbear

wonderbear Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Yeah, not very scientific, but it drained my battery to 20% in just under 2 hours.

I am loving this game, though. Like others, there are some things I wouldn't mind changed. First and foremost would be the ability to reset my character or have multiple save slots. Hopefully I will be able to finish the game and when I do, I would want to play it through again from the beginning without having to delete the app and reload it. It seems like the developers missed out on some really basic UI elements. I also don't see a way to get back to the main menu once you have started a game. What if I play a multiplayer game and then want to play a single player game. Do I really have to quit the app and then relaunch it or am I missing something here?

17. BulletGoose

BulletGoose Active Member

Nov 12, 2009
    On Floor 9 still no spells...

So I ahve reached floor 9 and I am still not able to do any spells? I go to the equip menu but there is nothing in the bottom left corner am I missing something?

18. TheeGravedigger

TheeGravedigger Active Member

Apr 22, 2009
    I bought a pair of skull candy headphones a while back, and I find that with most games, if I shut off the in-game music, I can just click the button to turn my own music back on. I assume it would work the same with the official apple ones also.

19. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Yea the Apple earphones with a mic work, that's what I usually do.

If your device is JBed, download iPodPop off Rock/Cydia, it makes it so that when you double-click the Home button, the iPod controls always pop-up.

20. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Weird, sure there's not some blue plate with a square hole in the bottom left?

If not, try killing the first boss again, he's supposed to drop the Magic Plate and first spell.