Sword & Poker

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Jan 7, 2010.

1. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Been playing this most
    of the day, more addictive than crack!! Stuck on level 17 grrrr

2. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Just found a Youtube gameplay video:

The game looks very polished. For 99 cents, I will definitely be picking it up.

3. I finally beat the "Lord of Chaos" on level 26, and another 10 levels opened up.

4. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Great game. The RPG touch is perfect!

5. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    So were looking at 36 levels min so far?? Coollll

6. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Lite is now out, also with a Japanese description and pictures on Itunes/Iphone, tried the lite, and it was in English. So for anyone else with this particular problem on the verge of buying, but not wanting to risk if it's in Japanese or not, don't worry :p

The lite seems pretty big, went down 3 floors, and it still hadn't ended yet, gameplay is quite fun, really recommend giving it a go if you're into either poker or RPG's.

7. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Game Impressions

I just tried the lite then immediately bought the full version. This is an amazing polished take on poker. The RPG elements add a nice touch, very unique. The graphics are sharp and clear which is a plus. S&P is now 75% off at 99 cents so if you love poker like I do, it's a no brainer.

8. Revlisoft

Revlisoft Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Wow. This game is really fun and polished. There's lots of depth too as you progress to later levels. Keep up the great work! 5 stars easily.

9. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Crazy addicting game ! Highly recommended if you want an RPG/puzzler hybrid with a poker flavor for the fights.

10. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    WOW. This is a FANTASTIC game. Brilliantly conceived, very well balanced and as addictive as anything I've ever played on the iPhone... If I'd paid $10 for this I'd be happy, given how much gameplay I'm getting from it.

Jamie.

11. Ren

Ren Active Member

Mar 30, 2009

Finished the game, 36 Levels max :(

12. aloepar1

aloepar1 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    USA
    This game is great. One the the reviews in the appstore calls it "puzzle quest lite" but with a poker theme. That is an accurate description. I bought the full after completeing the lite version, which has 5 levels. Very unexpected, would have never noticed it if it wasn't for TA.

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Game Impressions

I like that, even though there aren't any real penalties to dying, there is a bonus to completing a level with a minimal use of heals, so there is at least some sort of "finishing with style" bonus in effect.

14. BigDrahma

BigDrahma Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 8, 2009
    I like that you keep your money when you die, so that when you restart the floor, if you get through it, you have more moola to buy better gear. Built-in, invisible grinding.

15. zwillyc

zwillyc Active Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Took me two full nights to beat the game, once i got the biggest weapon, the monsters didn't have a chance.

I started going back to Level 27 after getting stuck on Lv.30 to work on earning coins for upgrades and just repeatedly doing it until i had enough money to buy the Excalibur Sword and Aegis Shield. Then I went back to Lv. 31 and the rest was a cruise as I could just use Chaos effect every round and try to make 3/4/5 of a kind with the jokers on board to make the enemy paralyzed and "keep possession" of attack which is the special ability of the sword

16. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I agree. This game has a great approach. It's not easy (later levels) but it's not frustrating either.

17. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    :eek:

so glad I just bought this game. i have no idea what you're talking about but I'm excited to find out.

18. TheeGravedigger

TheeGravedigger Active Member

Apr 22, 2009
    I downloaded this the other day, and I've found it great for killing time on the bus.

19. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    #39 New England Gamer, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
    My only wish - and maybe I am missing it - is the option to place cards in the corners horizontally and vertically instead of just diagonally. Sometimes I can get a great combo that way but it only allows me to go diagonally. Am I missing something or is that the way it is?

Also what are the jewels that you collect for? (edit I am silly they are bonuses at the end of the floor duh)

20. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    New England Gamer...

You can only put cards on the corners if you can make a hand diagonally. It's a bit of a blessing and a curse. It stops your opponent from being able to hit the corners so easily, but it stops you as well. It also makes it part of the strategy of the game.

For instance (and this makes it too easy sometimes) you can pass on a turn so that you can get the last turn on the board and have a shot to make five different hands. IMHO there should be some sort of penalty for a "pass"... like losing a card and having to play with one less for the rest of the battle.

As for the jewels... They give you money so that you can buy better weapons, shields, and coin purse (life).

One thing I'd like to see added with the game is a little better tutorial and something that lets you go back to see what the special weapons and spells do.

Now if we can just get free play and online play this game would be near perfect.