Sword & Poker

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Jan 7, 2010.

1. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I'd say... Too bad there isn't a S&P 3... Loved these games.

I'd really love to see a new one with online play.

2. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    The closest thing to that is Poker Pals, which has a lite version. Also a great game!

3. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Yeah... Love Poker Pals as well!

4. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I decided to go ahead and pick up both games because they seem to disappear from the App Store so frequently. Unfortunately the first installment is very buggy on my 4S. It freezes and crashes periodically and also the sound drops out frequently, including at the end of every floor, requiring an opening and closing of the game to get it back. The sequel does not suffer from any of these issues and as jjjMedia pointed out, the mechanics are a little more polished in it than in the first game. The game seems to progress a little faster and in addition to the basic gameplay mechanics of the first, it includes magical abilities in addition to the weapons special abilities for an additional element of diversity. Overall, if you are in a position to buy one or the other, I would recommend getting Sword & Poker 2, especially if you will be playing it on the latest devices. Also, I must say that the game is well worth the investment as so far it is my favorite of the RPG Hybrids. I strongly recommend picking it up before it disappears again, if you have not done so already.

5. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    If you are reading this, just buy it. It's mothereffing awesome.

6. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Yup, pretty much.

7. Arwenshade

Arwenshade Active Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Kongsberg, Norway
    Just picked This game up, when it suddenly reappeared on the AppStore a few Days ago..
    Well, the game is great!
    But the big problem is that it crashes constantly on my iPhone 4. It is really bad!
    My guess is that its not updated for the latest iOS version.

I really hope the devs support This game and fix This, cous the game is awesome!

Just thought people should know This Before They spend their bucks..

8. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I suspect it is iOS that is causing these crashes an not your iPhone as Sword & Poker worked well on my iPhones long ago when they were first released but now I face the same issues you highlighted on my same iPhones, only running newer iOS.

If you play S&P 2 for a while, you will breeze through S&P. I was stuck at a stage in S&P for a long time until I did that.

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Since you have both can I ask, which one should I buy and why if I can only get one?

10. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Sword & Poker is the original and so it is easier. Unfortunately it is buggy running under the latest iOSes. I had to force quit the app ever so often when the sound disappeared.

If I recall correctly, I didn't have such issues with Sword & Poker 2. However it is much harder to play.

If you want a game that runs more or less without issues, get S&P2.

If you can tolerate a level of bugginess until if either the developer or Apple patches the app or iOS, no guarantee they ever will, get S&P.

I thoroughly enjoyed both am currently stuck in S&P2. I hope the developer will release a sequel so that I can power up my tactics to complete S&P2...

11. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks.

12. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Downloading...

13. noil

noil Member

Apr 30, 2012
    I don't have iOS7 since I have an old iPod Touch that can't run iOS7, but does anyone know if this game runs any better under iOS7?

I am thinking of getting a new iPod so I would like to know if this game doesn't crash as often with the audio problems under the new iOS. Anyone?

14. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    If the app was buggy, why would it run better under iOS 7? Or has Sword and Poker been updated?

15. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    I've had better luck getting the lite version of the original game on my ipad Air iOS 7 than my ipod 4 with iOS 6. With what I heard with this game on compatibility problems that I would avoid the original.

I own the second version and never had issues with either device. I don't see much reason for me to get the original game.

16. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Sword & Poker I and II play somewhat differently. Probably the sequel is harder or something. It has been ages since I played either.