Universal Sword Of Xolan (by ALPER SARIKAYA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, May 20, 2015.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Mine are not in that order.

2. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Here as well....not the same order

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    So I assume the appearance of the cards is random and we can't avoid to get any particular card for the last, right? On the other hand, is the game ballanced enough to get them all during one run or do I need to go back and grind through some previous levels to get more coins? I'm just about to meet the first boss, yay!

4. snKnight

snKnight Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #104 snKnight, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    Oh, that's awkward. I was afraid it might be like that. Still, at least it's a semi-useful list for what you can get! :p

I got all the cards a few stages before the final boss. 3-starred all challenge maps as they came up and never replayed a level more than three times. Only came back when I missed a person. It seems to be balanced well enough!

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Thanks, I just encountered the first boss and after being finally victorious
    "Beethor defeated!"
    I'm moving forward. This game's just amazing! Can't wait to play more.

6. treasurestudio

treasurestudio Well-Known Member

Great to see this get game of the week.

7. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I have to say that no checkpoints policy is killing a lot of the fun for me.

8. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    It’s already an easy platformer
    If check point is added it would become super easy and kill the fun

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I don't know. It's hard if not even impossible to balance the difficulty to every person out there. If there's just one default difficulty, it probably never suits everyone equally. I'm pretty casual player and even a slighter challenge might cause a frustration. So I'd appreciate the checkpoints too, why not? Or option to choose the difficulty to my liking. After all, I should have fun with the game, right?

I'm in the middle of act two at the moment and things starting to be a bit difficult for me. I failed in multiple attempts continuously and slowly getting pissed. But I'll try again later, I'm not giving up yet. Btw, I deleted the Devious Dungeons 2 before the first boss, it was just too difficult. This game's very similar. Let's hope it's not getting too frustrating. I'm just saying I understand if someone finds any particular game more difficult than others.

10. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    True for Act 1, not so true for Act 2 and I'm sure for Act 3 as well. The difficulty ramps up and it's becoming annoying having to repeat long stretches.

11. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm feeling a bit like that as well.

I like it quite a lot but I'm struggling to love it as much as most people seem to.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad I bought it and it's well worth the money but it's just not setting my world alight.

Can't quite put my finger on why I'm not loving it because my usual criticism with iOS platformers is the controls and this certainly nails that, the controls are spot on

12. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    This.

I absolutely LOVE this game. But it's ridiculously easy.

I would love some sort of Leo's Fortune hard mode.

You die and it's start the game over from the first level.

And with how perfect the controls are, i would know that death was my fault.

Also, i need a sequel like yesterday.

13. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    I second this super hard mode #

14. Alqui

Alqui Member

May 19, 2011
    Is ipod 4 supported?

15. Moocow

Moocow Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    #115 Moocow, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
    It's basically a clone of Goblin Sword, which is good. However, this game does not have equipment, which is a shame. Instead it has random "cards" which are pretty much just gambles costing 1500 coins each, that gives permanent passives. No choice at all. Choosing different weapons and accessories was part of what made Goblin Sword fun, you need to take different equipment for each level or boss. Due to this reason Goblin Sword is still better, but this game will satisfy the itch for a proper platformer until another Goblin Sword clone comes out.

Pros vs Goblin Sword:
    - Better graphics
    - Smoother controls
    - Funny dialog

Cons:
    - Much easier. Enemies don't hurt you when you touch them. I'm unsure how you can even get damaged from some enemies
    - Much Shorter. Only 3 worlds with about 6-7 levels each. This is less than half the content of Goblin Sword
    - No equipment to collect and wear

16. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Strange, that seems like a bug. I definitely get damage when I touch enemies.
    Also, each act has 10 levels plus a boss fight. Not 6-7 levels as you said.

17. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I really like this game, but in my opinion, Goblin Sword graphics is much, much better than this.
    Controls is on par, and the dialog is getting on my nerves.. :)

I don't know what's up with your edition of the game, but enemies absolutely hurt my character when touched.

18. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Y ARE YALL CRTICIZING A 99cent game IN DUNGEON HUNTER 5 IT COST $4.99 TO OPEN A GEM BOX ITS 50 GEMS =4.99 WOW BAFFLING

19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Whoa whoa, easy with the caps lock and attitude my friend. No one's criticizing anything. Despite the occasional nitpicking this is still a 5 stars game easily. There's no reason in bringing up some crappy comparison with completely different (and not to even mention F2P) game. Just take a deep breath and calm down. Consequences-wise, it's a priceless thing to do before you write something;)

20. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Guys is the dev here?
    I think some of the GC achievement have a bug
    I got the find all chest avhievement both on act 1 & 2 after completing the 5th level on each act
    I think it’s supposed to be earned after completing the 10th level on each act right?