GameClub Sword of Fargoal (by Fargoal, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CommanderData, Dec 1, 2009.

1. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Recruit from these forums. I am pretty sure you could get the work done for free if you worked on the game.

2. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I think, we've reached a point where there will always be a more important project in the making. Wanna bet? I'll keep playing SoF 1 from time to time with a silent smile of knowing about "that sequel story" ;)

3. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    Not really... if PUNCH QUEST does really well for me, I'll be able to breath a little and Fargoal 2 will be much more viable. So make sure to spread the word when the time comes, right chaps?

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    #4244 your personal robot, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    That "if" in your comment makes me stick to mine. But I wish you best of luck and will purchase Punch Quest for that reason only.

EDIT1:
    DANG, just saw the Punch Quest trailer. Now I won't buy it to support SoF2, I will buy it because it looks awesome. :) Now, I might predict Punch Quest 2 (or at least a lot of updates work), since this thing WILL be successful. So, my bet is still on anyway :D

EDIT2:
    I mean, I'm going to i.a.purchase :)

5. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Heh yes it's free, so IAP. And the "if" comes with an "OR ELSE" which is me not making games anymore since I'll be out of money/time. Fargoal isn't my #1 priority for that reason... sorry Fargoal!

6. fargoal

fargoal Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    I too can't wait for Punch Quest!

— Jeff

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Portrait Mode?

I searched this thread, but couldn't find anything on this.

Has portrait mode been implemented in this game? I've been holding out getting it until portrait was added, but all the screen shots show landscape still.

Thanks for the help!

8. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Sorry no, there's no portrait mode at this point.

9. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    Sneak-preview "pre-announcement" about Fargoal 2 Kickstarter campaign!

Hello All! Here's an early preview announcement that I'd like to share:

We know how important it is to everyone — ourselves included — to finish our year+ long efforts on "Sword of Fargoal 2." We are resolved to do just that, and we have a plan that we think will help us successfully accomplish *all* of our goals for the completely rebuilt, new release of the game.

Though this is not the 'official' announcement that will be to-come, we wanted to let you know *early on* that we will in fact be launching a "Fargoal 2" Kickstarter campaign as many of you have suggested!!

As many of you know, we have been working on adding all the new dungeon level types, character classes, intelligent monster behaviors, treasures, traps, interface design changes, music tracks, etc. Plus there are completely new features — like "Action Cards" & side-quests — that we plan to put into the new game.

"Sword of Fargoal" (and "Sword of Fargoal Legends") were feats of gargantuan proportions already on their own (for a small, grass roots, three-person team). What we've discovered is that "Fargoal 2" has been many more times *bigger* for us to accomplish! At this point we are about 80% done. It is that last 20% that we know will be the hardest, and the portion we will be asking for help from our Kickstarter supporters and Fargoal fans.

When we can fully announce the Kickstarter campaign and we know its specific timing, we will let you all know what fantastic rewards will be offered. Digital downloads of the game will, of course, be one of the base reward levels.

There are so many more cool reward levels that we will be offering that I can't wait to share. In fact, I am going to spill the beans on one of them right now:

At the highest level, for *one person only* we will be offering THE real-life, handcrafted "Sword of Fargoal" itself! Yes, you heard right!! (preview pictures of the Sword will be shown in the official announcement).

Please stay tuned, and spread the word for people to look for our Kickstarter announcement coming soon.

Thank you *all* for sticking with us, giving us inspiration and encouragement, and sometimes the 'kick in the pants' that we've needed as well. It has been a long, amazing, and sometimes perilous quest for us so far — but we think we can see the signs that we are about to reach the Sword Level soon, and are on the right path to getting "Sword of Fargoal 2" launched in all its glory for all to see!!

Sincerely,

Jeff McCord
    Fargoal, LLC

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Shut up and take my money.

11. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    You name the alley, I'll be there at midnight *sharp.*

12. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    Heh. Thanks. We will!

— Jeff

13. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
  14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    iPad retina? Being in development for the past million and one years, I can understand the likelihood of the art assets not being big enough, but it's always worth asking :)

15. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Awesome! Glad to hear it's moving along!

16. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Oh it will definitely support any resolution the device throws at us... we won't *likely* have an uber-higher-res artwork set though... gotta keep it retro yo. Not super into the web-2.0 style Flash graphics, plus resources are limited. But, we'll see when we get there! If you like the previous Fargoal2 screenshots in this thread then you won't be disappointed.

17. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #4257 tops2, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
    Picked this up last night and played the casual mode for a while. Fun game! For some reason this games makes me feel like I'm playing an exploration game..more so than the few rogue likes I've tried..but instead of dreading moving through the maps, I'm finding it to be fun to explore. Here's to hoping this will be the first rogue like I'll beat (even though I'll play on easy mode). ;-)

Thanks for an awesome game!

18. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    It definitely is an exploration game. Always been big on conveying a sense of mystery and discovery. Thanks, good luck!

19. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    i downloaded this when it was free a while back and just finally got around to trying it.

after a couple minutes i had to shut it down and come here to ask: what's with the terrible movement interface? its about the worst touch interface of any game ive tried. is there a way to switch to something else? i selected "tap to run" in options and it doesnt seem to have changed anything.

20. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    You can't be serious? IMO This has some of the best touch controls I've played.