Sword of Fargoal 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fargoal, Aug 31, 2012.

1. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    The developers have been posting screenshots and updates to the kick starter for a while. They don't always come to the site to an old thread to update everyone.

This game has gone through staffing and what looks like some pretty heavy coding changes. For a project started through kick starter on what was only around $55,000, I could see that is a daunting task.

It looks like it's getting closer to being finished. But this is a separate website from the development, And a thread for the old game. Expect information in this thread is silly.

2. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Yeah, I would think that anyone with "skin in the game" would have contributed to the Kickstarter and would receive updates that way. Even a dollar contribution would be enough to be added to their updates.

3. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Unless I missed something, I'm just gonna guess that the sequel was scrapped then?

4. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Why don't you read the last few posts above yours before coming to that conclusion.

5. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    It's still going... just reeeeally slowly. Everyone's busy doing things that pay the bills. I'll likely be putting some time in to it again after Death Road is finished up.

6. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
  7. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for posting the links, Madgarden. I supported the KS campaign, but my PC is so old that I have not participated in the beta; it is great to get a look at it and see that it is progressing.

8. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
  9. Taruiel

Taruiel New Member

Mar 24, 2016
    cant wait for this to come out!

10. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Fargoal 2 should run on low-end hardware. Just like all my stuff. ;)

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    still play SOF from the very first day, imho is one of the best games in iOS history... can't wait for the new one!

please Madgarden, support also 4S and iOS7.

12. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Dear me.

This is the comments page on the SoF2 Kickstarter page...

[​IMG]

Taking so long to make this thing is bad enough. Failing to communicate is unforgivable. Your reputation is in tatters.

13. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    They went through dev changes, didn't I read something else about having to redo the code, and I am not even a Kickstarter and I have seen updates on this.

No one has to say anything about it. It's ready when it's ready.

14. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    This is why I choose to not back Kickstarters or Early Access games still in alpha or beta. I understand it can be tough for an indie to get the funding for a game without publisher or investor support but enough of these projects have gone bad to make me avoid it all together. At least investors have some upside if the project is successful which can make the risk worth it. Kickstarter or Early Access is basically a donation with no guarantee you will ever get the game or any of the rewards you are promised.

15. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    still believe in it?

atp it's all a joke!!!

:D:D:D

16. bluewomble88

Nov 8, 2009
    That line has been trotted out many times over the years and it's a huge slap in the face to everyone that pledged good money during the Kickstarter.

Imagine going to a restaurant and ordering your main meal, then waiting 3 hours for it to then be told "it's ready when it's ready" when you complain. That line doesn't wash.

17. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

yeah i agree, your employer also could tell you that your salary it's ready when it's ready... what a piece of nonsense, that's enough with that stupid line!!!

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    This isn't a resteraunt, food and software aren't even comparable.

Kickstarter doesn't garuntee communication or you getting a product. You aren't purchasing the software. You should be upset, but you have continuously came here to complain and there continuously have been post informing you that stuff is being done. You can even go to the Kickstarter page and see updates.

This isn't dikatana, it will release, eventually.

19. bluewomble88

Nov 8, 2009
    Not much of that is actually true. You say stuff is being done and the Kickstarter page has updates... well, the last was on November 11th. The promise was at least one update per month and the status has been "nearly done" for over 2 years. It was funded 3 and a half years ago.

Try a bit harder with the analogy. No-one's comparing the products, it's the principle that matters.

20. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    If you give money to someone, don't you have the right to know what's being done with it or at least if anything is being done at all? I don't get your "give me your money and shut up" point of view, we're talking simple respect here.