Universal Sword Man - Monster Hunter (By Gem Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jeoncrack, Sep 17, 2018.

1. jeoncrack

jeoncrack Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    Current costumes are just to change the skin of the character. We are going to release weapons coming with those costumes soon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

domzz likes this.
  2. jeoncrack

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    We are developing a mechanic of weapon combination to create surprises, like you can double jump by using 2 weapons simultaneously, as shown in the video:

Lull4by likes this.
  3. boogiedeadland

Sep 17, 2018
    Male
    I decided to dig into their Discord community and found this wiki page and look what I found. I think they will add special characters later, with some kind of ability related to sword (he can wield 3 swords?!) What make me confuse is the original characters have no special abilities at all?
    upload_2018-9-19_8-54-37.png

4. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Wow that is cool, thanks for answering the question, I will support developer for buying iAP, hope you can bring more contents and updates in the future.:D

jeoncrack likes this.
  5. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I second this “he can wield 3 swords?” Question. Because like I’ve said the double jump in that video is the glitch double jump. And clearly the dev is embracing it so whatev, but the video implies you need 2 swords AND the boomerang, but if you watch the video closely it’s 2 runs mashed together with clever cut and paste. (How else do you explain when he “switches” swords after throwing the boomerang the enemies far behind him are suddenly dead) unless there’s a way to have 2 swords AND the boomerang and it’s not open yet for me in the game?

6. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    Actually, you just need Fury and Boomerang, that clip implys you need the specific combo to do the double jump.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Glad i came back to this after my (ahem stupid !) post about the adverts (doh !)

Nice little platformer, played about 5 levels now and really enjoying it. The chickens are amusing ! I'll buy an IAP as a way of thanking the devs, seems to be a fair bit of content with the other worlds

jeoncrack and shibainu like this.
  8. boogiedeadland

Sep 17, 2018
    Male
    The fact that you said this video is edited makes me think that you didn't try this combo? I tried this one and it's hilarious.

9. domzz

domzz New Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    Wow, these two guys are new skins ?? , when will they release, I'm so hypeeeeee !
    p/s: How can I get the 2nd skin, really love it

10. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Having a lot of fun with this game. Give it a shot!

11. Ngoc Anh

Ngoc Anh New Member

Sep 18, 2018
    Male
    Woa , these two guys look so badass! , they will come in the upcoming Halloween event, I guess ??
    The pumpkin head guy looks kinda evil ?? a boss ?? The second guy looks like a witch hunter, woa so hype for this :D

12. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I just meant in the video if you watch specifically it shows him throw the boomerang with 1 sword then shows him do the double jump using another sword. Just watching the video implies you can equip 2 swords AND a boomerang which you can’t so yes that video IS edited at that exact moment they approach that spot with I think is the assassin sword (there are enemies alive behind the player I think a flying turtle and something else id have to watch again to be exact) and then the video is cut out and a new piece is put in, which shows the player with the fury sword (now those enemies behind the player dead) and they do the trick. It’s a quick swap of video that LOOKS like the person playing swaps swords AND throws the boomerang MID LVL to do the trick. Now I get it the video is just pieces together to show each hp up statue and how they were gotten, but from any other persons perspective THE VIDEO does indicate you have to do something that isn’t currently possible.

13. josumart

josumart Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Any plans for adding mai support?

14. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    Do you mean MFI? that is a good request as well.

15. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    @jeoncrack On two occasions last night I was hacking away at some guys and I died, only to accidentally hit the "revive using gems" button. Is there any way you can put it in a different place other than where you press to attack? Maybe move it up, or add a confirmation button or swap to the left with the watch video button?

16. jeoncrack

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    Great!!! May be we will update it in next update. Thank for your suggestion.

17. darkelite

darkelite Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Hi,

I am trying your game Sword Man. I am not at the end of world 4. I have some feedback to share with you:

First of all, I really like the game. I see it’s version 1.0 but the game is clearly in Alpha.

All the ads are test ads, with the guy working for Google speaking that he’s going to load the rewards callback.

The mini mode doesn’t seem to be implemented. I can’t seem to start it, all I can see is a bunch of ??? Everywhere. When I tap one of the 3 challenges, nothing happens.

Some of the enemies attacks are broken. The ninja slug for a quick example, you cannot hit him first unless you have the boomarang. Once you hit him and decide to go close range combat, he will attack you but you don’t see it because his animations are interrupted by his attack. His attacks doesn’t have a transition animation, so you don’t know when he’s about to attack you.

You own attacks sometimes doesn’t work. If you spam the attack button, you’ll notice that the attack sound effect is playing, but the animation and the damage doesn’t register.

Weapons to cratf that requires bear parts... Well, I had to grind 40 bear boss battles in order to get the amount of bear paws I needed.

When you defeat a monster and he loses coins, make sure the coins are grabbeb if you stand on them while they fall. There is currently a big delay, I have to wait until all the coins has reached the gound before I can pick them up.

The music and sound effects:
    Please have variations in the music. And different sound effects for the sword attacks.

Positive things:
    - Great art style.
    - Gameplay and upgrades are well done, except for the excessive bear part grinding for some upgrades

I’ll give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars in its current state. I’m sure the game can become a 4.5 or 5.0 out of 5 if you continue the hard work. It will most likely become a masterpiece.

Thanks, keep up the great work!