Universal SWORD ART ONLINE:Memory Defrag (by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 24, 2017.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yes you can, but on ios it's just deleting and restarting the game. No clearing cache or whatever you can do on Android.

------

As for the constant download issue people mentioned, I've never had that at all. I've had the game load when I open it and that's it. I've never seen any excessive downloading. This is probably one of the most generous mobage games I've played so I'd definitely recommend it. This game is WAY more fair and balanced than Fire Emblem, which I loved at first but it's flaws are really starting to show.

2. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I agree. I just hit a wall in fire emblem. I also have 5 star focus robin 4 star Roy a 4 star healer. It got very boring. If I got one of the 4* here I would play. Guess I'm reroll to only do 1+2 gotchas? Does that sound right?

3. ItouchBrett

Dec 28, 2008
    Also I got a 3 star sinon. Do I keep or go for a 4 star.

4. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I'm maining with my 3* Sinon, at least until I get some 4* via the gacha. Got the Fairy Dance Kirito and the negligee Asuna for free.

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    In a brand new account (rerolling) or in your main account?

6. ItouchBrett

Dec 28, 2008
    Just rerolling

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    If you're rerolling just go for a 4 star. However I can't tell you how long you'll have to reroll. Could be a whole day before you get one..

8. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    The game seems fun, tough to pull counter moves out though.
    I pulled a 4 Strea and 4 Kirito, reading through the thread seems I got pretty lucky?

9. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Yep, nice work. After 15 or so pulls, I finally got a 4* character just now, a Fairy Blacksmith Lisbeth. I'll settle for that for now...

10. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    OK, I'm properly hooked. Perhaps it's the fan service, but I'm loving this now. Got a big roster of four-star characters, some of which are actually pretty good (AR Silica!), and still haven't felt any need to spend a penny. I almost feel guilty, but there's just no need. Bandai Namco could have thrown in an ad system and energy system for cheapskates like me, but it's to their credit that they haven't.

L.Lawliet - you were right. This is F2P at its most generous. (Still keeps redownloading content though, which is annoying if I'm not around wifi!)

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I'm even more hooked with the OS characters and events. And WOW they keep releasing stuff I can't keep up. It honestly feels so good to have a f2p game with no energy. The grind is real but honestly, I prefer that as opposed to energy. And plus, the gameplay is probably the most fun I've had with any Japanese mobage.

If anyone wants to get in, now is a good time. The OS characters are actually the best characters in the game right now. Japan has had this game for a while longer than the English release and I'm sure the OS characters trump all of the characters they've ever had.

Can't wait to see the movie next month :)

PS. Already put $50+ into this game trying to get OS characters RIP

12. roninld

roninld Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    So is there a tier list for rerolling?

Thinking about getting into this game but want to know what I'm looking for when rerolling.

Thanks all.

13. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Look on Google for SAO:MD character ranks - you won't struggle to find a ranking list of the best four-star characters. Quite a few of them have been one-time seasonal releases that only the Japanese gamers got, but the current Ordinal Scale characters are arguably the best in the game - certainly the best versions of Asuna and Kirito. Silica is good no matter what, and the current version is still top class. Get two of those three, and you'll be laughing. Also the best version of Lisbeth, probably, if you want a tank. (I've been reading up!)

It's all Ordinal Scale at the moment, so almost any four-star version is an upgrade on previous iterations of the same character.

14. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    Os kirito is a beast with his ss3 move

15. roninld

Mar 30, 2011
    So rolled 3 star solo Kirito for free one and rolled 4 star Silica OS I believe. Got it from the ordinal scale roll set. Gonna stick with this I think.

Thanks all.

16. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Yeah, I got the four star Silica - she's one of the best characters in the game, so you're good from here on in!

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
  18. roninld

Mar 30, 2011
    So didn't see anything posted here and nothing searching online but is there general recommendations for unlocking attributes? Health, damage, crit, mp. Just wondering. Thanks.

19. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Just unlock them all! One level 10 key unlocks all the level 10 attributes for a character. Then just power up every stat you can. Best to focus on just your chosen four-star characters. Although it doesn't hurt to bump up a three star or two to get you going - keys can be mined and unlocking attributes doesn't cost many crystals for the first 30 levels or so. But if you just have Silica as a four star, she'll get you through enough missions on her own until you have 250 memory crystals and can do an 11-pull scout. And repeat...

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    You unlock them all as long as you have the items necessary. Unless you're talking about limit breaking, that's a bit different and will depend on what type of character it is.