Switching computers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by brewstermax, Nov 20, 2008.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I am putting a new hard drive in my computer that my iPod Touch syncs to. It is a iTouch 2G if it makes any difference. I was wondering if it is possible to change over to the new hard drive without having to resync all my music, contacts, calendars, and APP DATA. I have beaten several games and such and do not want to have to delete this data. This may have been posted before, but I googled and have been unable to find anything on this matter, as the App Store is relatively new. Please help?!.

2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    are you placing all the info from the old drive into the new one?

if so there shouldn't be a problem at all since it's the same comp and all the pathways to the files will be the same

3. mek

mek Well-Known Member

yes, i would back up your itunes and itunes data
    and as long as it is the same computer, with the same mac addy..you should be all set

if its a different computer, i.e differtn mac address..then you have up to 5 account authorizations, and if you run out of those, just contact apple, and they may be able to give you two more computer authorizations

best of luck

4. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

No, I don't have any issues with autorizing computers. I was just wondering if I would have to start over with all of my games. Presumably the same MAC address and of course file directories. Yes, I will back it up, who wouldn't?
    Thanks for the help. Much better than other forums