Universal Swing Racers (by Morepork Games Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Jun 17, 2015.

1. MoreporkGames

MoreporkGames Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Sale on + free content update coming

In case anyone's been waiting for a sale, Swing Racers is currently on sale for 99c until Sunday.

There's also a big free content update coming, featuring 20% more tracks and 50% more cars :)

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I picked this up the first day the sale started and after a few races I wasn't sure that I liked it. The more I play though the more I definitely see that it's unique and the devs have poured themselves into creating a fun and involving arcade experience. I am happy with my purchase and am excited for the update, I only wish I'd have picked Swing Racers up at full price to support Morepork Games :)

3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    The new update was awesome! The new track "Thrills & Spills" was difficult due to the tight space--- it should be in the Hard Tracks lol! Decisions, decisions was an interesting track; one of the first of it's kind to really feature split paths and encourage the use of shortcuts. The new cars were awesome, though I initially thought that the Blocky car would receive a very short burst of boost instead of the usual speed boost. Too much Burnout for me, maybe? ;)

Here are the bugs that i found so far:
    Completion Stats don't update properly - In the screen where you select the difficulty level of the tracks (Easy, Medium, Hard), completing the new tracks doesn't count toward the completion status. So I'm still stuck at 5/7 for both Medium and Hard, where it should had been 7/7 and 6/7 respectively.Weird behaviour in the track "Thrills & Spills" - In Turbo Mode, the A.I.s can sometimes be seen stuck at certain corners of the track, or even going through the brown liquid in the sink. Whut~~~
    Weird camera behaviour in the track "Decisions, decisions" - Before you start racing, the camera would take you through the track to show you the way to go, but after the first split junction, the camera goes bogus and goes completely off track for the rest of the time until it goes back to the start.
    Inconsistent behaviour in the Shock Band for the 2 new cars - Sometimes when A.I.s pass you and you try to shock them, it will not work until you and the A.I.s change elevation level (go to a lower or higher platform ground).

Complaints?
    - The A.I.s can't make use of the 2 new cars' abilities, making it even more unfair for them, given that they can't already use power-ups!
    - The ability of the Tank no longer plays into effect with the Shock Band --- i want to make my vehicle completely dangerous lol! :D
    - In the track "Decisions, decisions", the mission to complete the course in 65 seconds (Non-Turbo Mode), and the developer ghost doesn't make sense because you can beat the developer without beating the mission (Get a time of around 65 - 67.5 seconds), which is strange since dev ghosts are meant to be at least harder than the mission itself. If not, what's the point of the ghost?

In conclusion, awesome update, just with some minor bugs that wouldn't entirely ruin the fun in this game.