iPad Sway update coming!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by smartguy911, Mar 1, 2009.

1. smartguy911

smartguy911 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Hey guys. A few days ago I emailed illusion labs asking them if any sway updates were comming any time soon. I got an email back that went a little like:

Yup! Just had a discussion and we have decided to release an update with new levels and game elements as well!

Cheers,
    Andrew

I can't wait!

2. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    #2 DHrox, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
    You could've just asked anders. He's an informative guy.

3. smartguy911

smartguy911 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Does he visit these forums? And I prefer email.

4. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah new levels have been confirmed in another thread by one of the devs (anders)

5. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    An update huh, I guess I'll have to pick up Sway then. I've heard good things about it, but it was short. Hopefully these additions will make it worth it.

6. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Yup he does. I guess e-mail is slightly more discreet, but it just may take longer. In any case, thanks for the info. I may now just have to get Sway.

7. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    i'd passed on sway cuz i heard it was too short, but i may have to get it now...

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    not really on topic, but I think I remember on their team page, Anders and Andrew are separate entities.

Anyhow, Anders released this info at the end of the "Sway is out!" thread.:)

I will be excited and happy when it's submitted. I guess it is sheerly up to the dev how soon we'll get it. I think it was approx. two months before Touchgrind was updated.

9. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Welcome to TA, btw.

10. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Wow. *edits post* I could've sworn he was Andrew. I must be crazy or senile.

11. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Omg! If I reccomend 1 game to you rox, this is it w/o a doubt!;)

12. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Cool. Right now I'm still playing ZB. Man it is so addicting. Slide drag slide drag slide drag....

13. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Makes sense, I'm on the fence bout Zen Bound, I'll prob. get it:) I just got Word Fu, Awesome!

On topic: Sway:D

14. WOW_GEE

WOW_GEE Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    hmm im curious about what kind of new "game elements" they are planning to add.

15. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, I'm wondering too. My uneducated guess, based on Arn's post in that "Sway is out!" thread, that new obstacles might be on the list.

16. Kita

Kita Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Boston
    Sway is actually the first game that makes me think that iphone apps could potentially compete against the nintendo ds apps since they both mainly target the casual demographic. It's basically like Donkey Kong king of swing but with PSP quality graphics and a smoother, more fun way to control with the touch screen. I don't think these 5 dollar apps will ever have as much unlockable content and levels as the 20-30 dollar ds games, but if you are mainly playing these games on a casual basis, then who cares?

17. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I agree about the unlockable content. And it's unfortunate, because almost every game I have played from the Appstore, I find myself thinking that if they would reward the player for accomplishing "achievements", that would be the best incentive to keep playing.

18. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Sweet now the $5 will be more than worth it!

19. Kita

Kita Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Boston
    Yup this is true. Games have so much more replay value if you are striving to achieve something. I just bought "Word Fu" and I don't think I'll be playing it as much as "Motionx Poker" because there's always an incentive to earn more money to reach new tables and take higher risks from gambling :) Word Fu still has achievements though but I don't find them very meaningful since it's just a simple word game where your goal is to make longer words.

20. TKO

TKO Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Yay! Updates! Cool. Love this game. One of the most original I've bought. (The falling deaths are so cute it's hard to get frustrated.) :D