GameClub Sway (by Illusion Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Feb 25, 2009.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I have one of the clear clamshell type cases with the thin screen protector and it seems to stay fairly smooth. I have a cling on screen protector under that. When I had just the cling sheet it would get "sticky" quick.

2. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    Glad to hear that at least someone found it funny ;)

3. gunslinger

gunslinger Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Is it like Ancient Frog in general?

4. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    I think if there are more games that are innovative such as this one, I would have to buy all of it and experience a situation whereby the 9 pages limit is a concern.

5. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Anders, will there be more playable levels through free updates?

6. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    We haven't decided yet, but we have talked about it. The later levels are quite hard, and getting a gold medal on all of them should take a while ;)

For comparison, even I haven't managed to get a gold medal on all levels.

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    That is no exageration. As Anders stated these later levels get really difficult, though I've played some of them 10-15 times it's not a frustrating experience, quite the contrary. The play mechanics are soooo fun.:cool:

8. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I can already tell the levels are getting longer and alot harder the further I get in, but yeah free updates with new levels would be awesome.

make it happen :D

BTW, you guys seriously need to be commended on how much you nailed the gameplay in this game. The controls, play mechanics, and everything are PERFECTLY suited to the iPhone in a way that none of the other games have been able to pull off (Rolando did come close I guess). The game is pure joy to play, honestly.

so yeah, basically..

[​IMG] IllusionLabs/ReadyFireAim [​IMG]

9. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    No. Ancient Frog is a puzzle game where you have to think. Sway has got more action and is more a game of skill than of thinking.

10. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I'm surprised that I can download this over edge, I thought I would have to wait till I got home... But no, I'll just buy it. Man, stupid things... With their costing of money....

11. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    If an app is bigger than 10 Mb, you need WIFI, otherwise you can donwload via edge or 3G. We work hard at keeping the games small so everybody can download them everywhere using some clever tricks and compression techniques. Touchgrind is also under 10 Mb (just 5.5 Mb in fact).

12. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    At least you have your priorities straight. :eek:

This game is crazy.
    Getting used to the controls is one thing, but you can tell it was made for this device. I'm a big fan for now. Only played a few levels on my way to work...good luck getting all the stars within 20-30 seconds though...but I like the fact there are achievements/awards for each level.
    So far, quite happy with this game

13. Xgamer1224

Xgamer1224 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    what should i buy, sway or puzzle quest? i only have enough money for one. i also am interested in light riders.

14. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    How many levels?

15. Hello

Hello Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    California;
    hmm, do any of you know if this would be better than rasta monkey? or did rasta not get approved?

16. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    Anders, I just bought the game, and I must say it's one of the best iDevice Games I've seen yet. The graphics are brilliant, the textures are crisp, and the characters look very realistic. The Physics is brilliant, and the controls are perfect for me. Big Thanks to you and all the other staff at Illusion Labs.

17. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

I'm really liking this game, but my thumbs are getting sore. Remindsme of the nintendo days when we weren't used to the d-pad and two buttons.

It's a great game. If you're on the edge and even slightly like physics in games, get this.

18. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

there's a kill me button. I can only assume it's for when you get stuck.

19. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    There are fifteen levels in total in this version. Getting a gold medal on all of them will take you some time!

20. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy