GameClub Sway (by Illusion Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Feb 25, 2009.

1. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    LOL!
    I'm stuck on a level though
    :(

If this is the prince then is it the insane prince from rolando?

2. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Huh? This game is $4.99, not $10.

3. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    Glad to hear you like it! I'll tell the rest of them when they get to the office ;)

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    blinking eyes.... mention that, pleeeeaaaase :)

5. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Anyone referring to having spent $10 in the last few hours means $4.99 for Zen Bound and then $4.99 for Sway.

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Just wanted to express my gratitude for all you guys level of excellence, now if you don't mind I'll leave everyone to the forums, I'm gonna Sway!:D

7. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I've noticed over the months you are developing an eye fetish YPRobot!:eek: LOL

But yeah it would help.

8. So if I didn't like Rolando Lite but did actually enjoy Bounce On what are my chances of liking sway you think?

9. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Andreas just dropped in (it's morning here in Sweden) so atleast he knows too ;)

Please send suggestions/comments/bug reports/etc to

sway at illusionlabs dot com

10. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    This game is just incredible. Just left a very positive review via the App Store.

Everything I was expecting from this game have been exceeded.

+1 for telling everyone there at Illusion Labs on a job very well done!

11. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Lmao at 'Will it blend'

12. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    helt underbart spel hitills! <3 grattis!

13. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    A Simple Review

Sway! Is a very nice approach to defining the iDevice as a gaming console. Once you get the controls down then you have a grand ol' time flinging your character around.

The game is set-up in a classic level-sublevel progression format. At first glance you don't get alot of levels, however, part of the goal of all that swinging around is to collect keys to free some of your friends (playable characters). So each friend becomes another playthrough.

This seriously is the kind of game that I don't believe any other console could pull off! Even the Wii would be a tough fit. This means that Sway is truly an Appstore exclusive title.

Graphically, there is nothing extremely groundbreaking, but it does look very good. The standout element visually that I noticed immediately is that I haven't seen one slowdown, stutter or as much as a flawed rendering.

I can't stress enough how impressed I am with the natural feel of the multi-touch controls that make you feel like you are the little character sling-shotting and climbing around the play areas!

A true 5 star adventure.

14. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Tack! Kul att du gillar det ;)

15. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    haha, some guy on NeoGAF accused me of being a viral marketer because I posted a thread about Sway.

so where's my check, Anders? :p

16. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Hehe ok ;) Well I donno about a check, but you can have my socks if you want ;)

(see this thread for more info about my socks)

17. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Flinging ninjas around.

This is my response to "What is more relaxing than Zen Bound?). :D

18. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    The ninja is definitely my favorite -- he's so fast!

19. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    #39 h1976, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
    After playing this and zenbound and noticing how sore my thumb is... I just realized the new games in the appstore seems to be heavy on the swiping these days...
    My thumb didnt hurt so much with the games of last year... seems like my top games last year, fieldrunner, ferrari, rolando, labyrinth even the unique ones like spin and touch grind didnt require constant swiping and constant contact with the screen as much.

I love the physics and graphics of sway but I think I gotta purchase one of those iphone gloves pretty soon.
    Either that or my airjacket screen protector is really sticky, gotta change.

Games good, tho, great production value, well worth the price and definitely one of those showcase app you can wow those crackberry social whores with. Put it on TV, Apple!.
    No offense to secretexit, but If I had only 5 bucks, Id pick Sway over ZB. Fortunately I had 10 today tho heh ;)

20. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Regarding swiping and finger control generally: Using the DS with the stylus, I loved playing some of the mini games of Mario Bros. Some of them are also released on the AppStore, but I'm slower with the fingers than I was with the stylus and it hurts, so I stopped playing them (like the game where you have to sort yellow and black Bobombs ehm chickens). I also stopped playing Tetris on the iPhone, because the swiping to put a Tetrimino down hurts after a while.

While I generally like swipe control like in Bobby Carrot or Mouse About or most Tower Defense games, an action oriented game using this without a pause starts hurting. Pinch'n'Pop is another example which I stopped playing because of that.

That's the challenge of the iPhone: Find a control scheme which feels naturally both in keeping the game in control and for your body. Many games still don't offer a method to calibrate the accelerometer, so I don't expect them to realize, that some gestures might hurt and untrained player...