GameClub Sway (by Illusion Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Feb 25, 2009.

1. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    It's an honest to goodness premium exclusive iphone ip. Been in my top 16 since release day. I still play it on a regular basis.

2. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Spent some gift iTunes funds on Sway and just love it. I've had the lite on my phone for weeks. It took a while to learn but once I got the swing of it I found I was playing the lite almost daily. Now MORE levels and critters to explore and find!!!

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    you're almost a year late ;)

4. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    Great graphics!!! I love it! Fully 3 dimensional figure and fun!!!

5. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    Glad to hear you like it!

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    @Anders Any other Sway/Touchgrind updates in store for us? :D

7. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Not right now, sorry.

8. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008

DLC for more levels please!

9. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    I dunno, people seem to dislike the whole DLC business model, or am I wrong?

10. SufonJack

SufonJack Member

Nov 13, 2009
    University
    Russia Moscow
    I don't have money to buy this game, but this game really amazing!!!

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thats cool, thanks for the fast response. Btw your one of the few dev(s) on my InstaBuyNoMatterWhatGameTheyPutOut list. No explanation needed... ;)

12. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Cool :p

13. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Wrong. If it's fairly priced and a quality DLC, people will gladly pay for it. Just don't make it $0.99 per level ;) But $0.99 per world is definitely worth it (as is, Sway has 3 worlds, each with a few levels).

Look at The Creeps! for example and how its fans love it since it gives some back life to an otherwise finished game. Similar with how Fieldrunners fans love the DLC. Thing is, those who love it often spend the time playing, while those who don't love the game in the first place spend the time whining on the forums.

The real DLC haters are those who use pirated games as they can't get the whole game for free anymore ;)

14. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    The thing I read about DLC the latest was actually the comments to http://toucharcade.com/2010/01/13/the-creeps-update-released-with-dlc-level-packs and http://toucharcade.com/2009/12/28/fieldrunners-1-3-update-released

Also, many think that $0.99 is too much for one level in Fieldrunners. To me it's a bargain and I bought all of them right away, but people are so used to the whole get-any-game-for-$0.99-no-matter-the-quality philosophy, so $0.99 for just one single level seems a lot to them, which I can understand. A theme (!) on PSN or Xbox Live! is $1.99 for comparison. But as always, the complainers are the ones that usually state their opinion.

But yeah I get your point: "don't be greedy".

So, we'll think about it!

(Just so you know, doing updates is just a way to be nice to your existing customers, which makes you feel good about yourself, but it doesn't generate any extra sales most of the time, apart from a few apps like Pocket God)

15. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    @Anders:
    There will always be cheap people around who think everything above $0.99 is not worth it, but as you see yourself with your games (or Canabalt or EA board games), people don't mind paying more. TouchArcade crowds don't represent the whole world and, as I said earlier, those who love their games don't post as much as the whiners.

Re DLC, I also read many people who think the map in Fieldrunners is overpriced, they forget it's an open map and it looks very polished. They just don't understand its beauty.

The main problem is too many games in the AppStore are released incomplete, with devs promising wonderful stuffs in 'future updates'. That's where people start thinking with a mere 99c they can get a lifetime-free-of-update. It backfires when the game is complete yet people still want more stuffs for free.

Now I think we're getting too far off the track and discussing what have been discussed in other threads re DLC, free updates, incomplete games, empty promises, etc :p

Anyway, why don't you do a poll asking people if they're interested in Sway DLC? I love the game and will surely buy the DLC.

16. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    yeah i do not care for the dls. when the dev trys to milk you for every penny. but if the price is fair im ok with it.

i guess i think of touch pets.. when the dlc food cost more than what feeding a real dog would.. heh

i suck at this game but give those who master it much credit.

chris.

17. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    I guess I could do that to get the picture of how much interest there is in the TA crowd ;)

Thing is that it is mostly up to RFA to do the actual update. I nag on them every now and then to do more updates ;)

18. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    i think you may be surprised at the results. i know when i love a game, my money leaves my wallet rather quick. yeah, keep nagging them.. im sure the fans of sway will be on cloud 9.

chris.

19. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Lol :p

But if I have to choose, I'd choose my first point. You see, too many people here in TA whine for anything over $0.99, yet I constantly see expensive games in the top 50. That's why I think there are many people out there who are not even TA members yet often buy expensive games.

20. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    yeah i know lots of people who have never heard of this forum.
    my limit for a game is 10.00.. i guess im cheap.

chris.