GameClub Sway (by Illusion Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Feb 25, 2009.

1. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Owned!! He made the same mistake as me but much worse,

2. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    #322 le'deuche123, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
    Actually I think it's called a joke. I think I have the link here somewhere...oh here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

Yes Andrea is a man. A very bald, very goateed man. Now you can share in the joke.

3. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    LOL. My bad; I didin't read the rest and just LOL'd when I read that

4. zvnthynn

zvnthynn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    :eek: i'm not bald and definitely no goatee! :D

my name is also andrea (yes, i'm a girl) but, in email exchanges with my work colleagues from WE, they always mistake me for a guy.

5. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    No that it is that important hehe, but his name is Andreas, you know, with an S ;)

6. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    It's cool man...gave me a good laugh myself:D

7. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Does Andreas know he's being pimped out on the forum???

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. Didn't see Ander's post.

8. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Hehe of course, anything that is humiliating to my friends/colleagues must be shared ;)

9. zvnthynn

zvnthynn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    ooops! :eek: it's just that in our company (which is a global one), i know four other "andrea" and all of them are guys and all from europe. :)

to be on topic, i think i fail at this game. still have two characters to unlock. :D i only play in small doses because my thumbs hurt with all that swaying.

10. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Ahhhh.....sweet humiliation. :D

11. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Hi guys!

The nominees for 2009 Best App Ever awards are announced, and Sway has been nominated in three categories!!

Labyrinth 2 and Touchgrind have been nominated as well, and in the category Best Game Controls, three out of ten games are from IL. Pretty sweet, and I thank you all for that.

More info and quick links here: http://bit.ly/65E5mR

Appreciate the support!

Cheers

12. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Congrats, gl with winning

13. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    after months of longing I have finally dropped $5 on Sway. this game never has and I believe never will go on sale. I don't mind, actually. It's worth $5, I just hate feeling ripped off because I missed a sale.

14. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    IL has stated before they aren't really into sales. Sway since it's debut in Feb of 2009 has never been on sale. Their game catalog is much smaller than the big time devs so it makes sense to keep selling their games at a fixed price. After all you make less the lower you price your titles. It also gives off the impression of quality to a consumer. Sales are generally seen as a way to move volume for items that have outlasted their stay.

EA and Gameloft have amassed quite a big catalog and they are all about volume. The more copies you move the better. They also probably have more expenses on the back end than IL does.

Two different ways of looking at the app store business model.

15. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I'm not saying I disagree with the model. I just finally realized that I'd let Sway sit on the back burner long enough, that it was never going on sale. Very happy with my purchase and only wished I'd gotten it sooner.

16. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    just tried the lite version. all i can say is i suck. i fail at being a gamer. heh

chris.

17. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    keep trying, the game does have a learning curve. once you get the hang of it you'll find the controls are perfect :)

18. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Yep, I loved Sway so much that I was eventually able to get all gold achievements despite being a real klutz. You need to get the rythm of movement Sid, once you get into the groove, it is just great.

19. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    ok, ill keep trying.

chris.

20. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I've unlocked a few characters and I've noticed some of them really feel different. They have different arm lengths, weight and responsiveness. At first I thought "I'll never use Monkee" because he was sluggish - but I've found that when you get his swing going he actually chugs along nicely. I've gotten some of my best times with him. Still - my favorite is Stitches.

Cant recommend this game enough. With all the new flashy games in the store this one should not be forgotten. Worth way more than $5.