SwapQuest - Puzzle/RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Rebusmind, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Man, this game is killing me with anticipation. It looks so good!

2. Rogue Calypso

Rogue Calypso Active Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Web Design & Development
    Nashville, grew up in Iowa
    This game just keeps getting better and better, I almost can't handle it! lol. But seriously. I. Can't. Wait. I need this in my life asap.

3. Rebusmind

Rebusmind Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    @all Thanks a lot, this is really helping to keep my motivation up! :D

The new level is complete now, only some balancing needs to be done. The level is the most action-packed so far and for the first time you will fight weaker minions of the Horde. There's also a lot of fire that you have to keep an eye on so that you don't find yourself surrounded by flames. But see for yourself. :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

From now on, I will concentrate mostly on creating new levels, as most of the features are already in the game.
    Some great news on a more technical matter: I finally found out what was making the game perform very poorly on my Galaxy S1 smartphone (and other older devices) and now it works like a charm. Yay! :)

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Woah, the detail in that level is amazing!

5. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Every time you post more stuff, this game looks more amazing! Super excited!

Any new estimates for release or price?

6. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks guys. :)

@Jerutix
    I'm really bad at making estimates, but the release will hopefully be around September for my own sake, cause the development doesn't make any money. ^^
    About the price: right now I'm torn between $2.99 and $3.99. In the end I will have to see how much content I can get into the game before September. Another thing I have to consider are content updates after the release, which are almost mandatory nowadays.

I have one general question for you all: do you want to get new dev updates here as frequently as they come right now or do you feel like it's spoiling too much? I could also start using the spoiler tag for the gifs, so that people who don't want to see all the stuff already can skip it.

7. Rogue Calypso

Rogue Calypso Active Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Web Design & Development
    Nashville, grew up in Iowa
    This game looks brilliant and your attention to details is more and more apparent with each update. Whatever the price ends up being, I'm paying it.

As for the general question, I love the consistent updates. Please keep them up, as long as they don't take too much time away from your development ;) But there is always someone out there that is ready to complain, so using the spoilers may be a good idea :)

8. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Will you be supporting the iPod 4???

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I like seeing the pictures and hearing the updates just makes me look forward to the game more

10. Krisjet

Krisjet Active Member

May 12, 2014
    This game looks really cool. Love the art and the idea behind it. Reminds me a bit of the old board game The Amazing Labyrinth, only in real time!

11. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    I haven't looked into this yet, so I cannot say what the performance will look like on this device. BUT I have an old Android Galaxy S1 smartphone here and the internet says they're pretty similar and the game runs on that flawlessly, so there's a pretty good chance, I guess. This is no guarantee, just a optimistic guess. :)

12. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    #92 Rebusmind, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
    I'm really surprised, but we managed to create a new level in a week. If we can keep this up, the game might actually be finished this year! :p

So, the next level is the Graveyard (it belongs to the destroyed village, which is the level before that). The graveyard has a more spooky vibe to it, with constant rain, lightning bolts, zombies and other 'terrifying' monsters. The new thing in this level is that all the monsters can move to a different position and they all have their own rules for it. Just check the gifs below to get an impression of the enemy behavior. Unfortunately the spoiler tags don't work for images with this forum software... seems a little outdated to me. :(

GIFS:
    Zombies
    A living bedsheet! :O
    The Lord of Darkness

13. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    I was wondering if the last post didn't get any replies because I didn't post the gifs directly, so I'm making them visible this time again. Sorry for the spoilers... ^^

We've been busy bees again and completed another level (minus balancing and final polish) in a week. That leaves six more levels on the todo list to have the minimum levels for release. :cool:

The newest level is the swamp, a dangerous place to go wandering around, as it is filled with deceptive demons and puddles of mud that slow you down more and more the longer you stand in them.

[​IMG]
    Previous victims of the swamp have turned into these hideous
    creatures and hide in the mud to attack you if you come too close.

[​IMG]
    Don't be fooled by their innocent looks...

[​IMG]
    In this level there are rivers that you have to
    cross by building a bridge over it.

14. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Not sure why we didn't comment last time. I definitely followed the links to the pictures.

Still looking great! Cannot wait!

15. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Did research, s1 has double the ram

16. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    @chrisopherrocs
    Ah, that doesn't sound too good. :(
    Maybe I can get a test device before release to try it out.

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I haven't checked the upcoming thread since Battleheart Legacy was released but this still looks great.

18. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I say this almost each time I post, but I want to play this so much :)

19. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    This time I'm hiding the gifs again so that those who don't want to spoil too much can read the text without getting distracted. ;)

This week I've been mostly working on the second boss of the game, a big hellhound with three heads that likes it hot. Again it's a bit tricky to find out how to beat him, but it shouldn't give you headaches.
    Attack!!
    Chaaarge!

In other news: We also started working on the next level, which will be a bit happier than the last few, as you're going on a cruise! (early preview)

Merry-Go-Round

20. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Good grief I am excited about this game coming out! Everything looks awesome!