Universal SwapQuest (by Constantin Graf)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 18, 2015.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Oh, you were right, I see it now;) The game's amazing! I was about to give up somewhere around that desert stage but I'm so glad I didn't. The more I play the more I enjoy this game. It's GOTW for me this week, no doubt about that!

2. korkidog

korkidog Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 12, 2012
    Illinois
    Where is the bank?? Thanks

3. Rebusmind

Rebusmind Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    You can swipe at the bottom of the caravan screen to get to different areas of it. One area is the bank, where you can deposit your jewels. That way you can have more than 999 jewels and buy the stuff that costs more.
    I'm sorry that it's a bit hidden right now, the tutorial text mentions it, but I will make it a lot more visible in the update which is coming soon.

4. pseudoart

pseudoart Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    I'm often in the minority, and with this as well. I'll just say that if you don't enjoy the core mechanic of "tile-swapping-and-connectin", you might consider skipping out on this one. I can't get into it, at least. But I know I'm in the minority.

5. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    No problem, no game is for everyone. Did you have other expectations about how the game will play before you bought it?

6. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I like this game a lot. It's a neat mechanic. It gets a little tough but still loads of fun. I died on a level and just lost all my gems. That sucks but I seem to accumulate a lot pretty quickly so not a huge deal.

7. SPM21Bucky

SPM21Bucky Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Male
    I couldn't find the bank and stuff, either, I thought I just hadn't unlocked it yet! Thank you for the info about the different screens on the caravan page. I might have noticed the pages if it displayed little dots at the bottom of the screen, like when switching pages on an iPad or iPhone, I think that arrows will help a ton, too! Had this on my watch list ever since the first heads up by toucharcade, couldn't wait for it to come out. Then, when I'd get impatient for it, I'd check the thread, there were tons of great updates throughout the development process. Now it's here and I'm really enjoying it! Knowing that there's more than just upgrading my equipment is going to really make things interesting, debating just starting over from scratch! I think I saw that you are able to play each level a maximum of three times, then you have to move on...something like that. Had no idea you could replay a completed level until a ways in when I clicked on the level I was on by accident! Great game, looking forward to future updates, and I'll be keeping an eye out for any future projects!

8. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Pretty interesting game... unique. I wasn't into it very much at first but the pace picks up pretty quickly and it keeps getting more fun now that there's a sense of urgency in the stages.

I was wondering though: What do luck and speed do exactly? Does speed make your character move faster? Also, the character sheet doesn't seem to show these stats... just attack, defense and HP.

9. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    There's no limit, you can replay the last level as often as you want.

Speed decides, if you or the enemy attacks first in battle. Your movement speed is only affected by the class you are playing (and you get faster after you reached a new class).
    Luck is your chance of dealing a critical blow and also your chance that the enemy misses an attack. I should include it in the character sheet, you are right.

10. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #70 Andy C83, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    [​IMG]

[thread=257503][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257485][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257499][​IMG][/thread] [thread=256367][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=257635][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257589][​IMG][/thread]

SwapQuest

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

19th March 2015

VOTE HERE

Developers, publishers and/or affiliates cannot vote for their own games!!

11. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    Haha, thanks, now vote, everyone!

12. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    This game is great! Two comments:
    - the desert level is really fun, the 'wandering' effect is really good
    - the "cross the sea" mini game is horrible.

13. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    LOL, I strongly agree, it seemes impossible to complete, but on the other hand who cares? It's just jewels you're awarded with. I collected 3500 in one game (+bonuses) on my latest attempt, but it doesn't even matter since it's limited to 999 per stage. Other mini games are just fine and fairly easy to do.

14. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    not just jewels - there is an achievement for completing all the mini games. I completed "cross the sea" on about the 10th attempt (it felt like the 100th attempt but I suspect it was nearer 10 in reality).

Does mastering a weapon or armour = enchanting it fully with all the status effects? And what's the best armour you can get?

15. ediwolframton

ediwolframton Active Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Really enjoying swapquest so far, and i love the retro graphics :)

16. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks, HLW! I must agree, Cross the Sea is also my least favorite challenge level, even though I like the idea of it. Should've made it a little easier.

You only have to get one status effect to 100%. To get all to 100% would probably take many hours. :D
    The best armor is called Crystal Armor.

Thanks for all your comments, I really enjoy reading them! :)

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Sorry I was this slow to get on it but the game is AWESOME, even cooler than I recall from the beta and I LOVE the Endless Mode, especially clever twists like needing to make the call of "Submit Score now or go onto another level?"

Also, the more I play both this and Dungeon of Madness, the clearer it is these are TOTALLY different games but both very compelling in their own ways.

18. momopara

momopara Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Hi, I'm the developer of "Dungeon of Madness", thanks for your post on our forum and I want to say, we all love your game, too. :D

19. Rebusmind

Jan 29, 2014
    Game Designer
    Berlin, Germany
    @momopara
    Thanks, that means a lot, I'm a big fan of your games. :)

20. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    My lenten game downloading fast is over, so I finally have SwapQuest! It looks great! Still trying to get the hang of everything, but this is really enjoyable so far. I'll bring in more impressions later once I get a little deeper in. Good work!