Universal Sushi Boy out today! (Universal App, $0.99)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wefiends, Oct 27, 2010.

1. wefiends

wefiends Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Hi everybody,

Our game, Sushi Boy, is out today. I posted a teaser a while back but check out the a full trailer below. Needless to say we're excited to release it to the world.

Grab it on the App Store
    Game Homepage

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

iTunes Link with more info.

Check it out, and if you're interested in writing a review in exchange for a promo code go ahead and drop us a PM. ;)

2. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    This looks amazing. SO CUTE. Retina enhanced, achievements, hats!? Where are all the hat loving Hook Champ guys? Bought.

3. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Me too. Simple, but very lovable. Got to love the beard upgrades... :D

4. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    The only upgrade my beard gets is a telling off from the Mrs. Haha.

5. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    :p :D

6. wefiends

Jul 30, 2010
    We have an update coming soon! We're working on some more free upgrades too.

Also, there is a halloween themed DLC you can get from the "get more stuff" button in the upgrades menu.

[​IMG]

Glad you guys are liking the game, we'd love any suggestions. Feel free to PM me if you're interested in reviewing the game on the itunes store and we'll send you a promo code.

7. wefiends

Jul 30, 2010
    Thanks to everybody who sent me a PM. Your encouragement means a lot to us. Those who asked for a promo code, check your inbox. ;) I've got just a couple more if anybody is interested.

We're already working on more free upgrades. If there is something you'd like to see please let us know.

8. speed4mee

speed4mee Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    PM sent 1 day ago :)

9. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Unlockable backgrounds? Don't know if that's possible. And more hats and pets is always welcomed!

I feel like I'm inside a sushi anime, loving this a lot. It's very simple with the whole pick up and play aspect, but I always have a space in my games folder for titles like these. Love the hats a lot! This is what I was hoping The Incident had added in an update :(

Also bombs dropping is one thing, but poo is just cruel man. :eek:

10. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland
  11. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Holy cow, this game is AMAZING.

Seriously. Some of the best visuals and art I've seen on iP4. Pin sharp and gorgeous.

Gameplay uses EITHER touch or tilt to move Sushi Boy. The aim is to catch the sushi and avoid the falling spiked balls, poo, hooks, boots etc...

After every round there is a flying bonus game where you collect coins and one ups. Coins are used to buy hats that have different effects e.g. Make you faster etc...

You can buy different backgrounds to play on, e.g. Japanese Dojo/Sushi Boy's bedroom/Forest and so on.

Best of all, you can buy pets that help you get the sushi, hence making the game more replayable as you know you can do better if you keep playing and collecting coins for upgrades.

AMAZING game. Do not miss out.

12. Musclegiant

Musclegiant Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    I'd like to try it out if you have any promo codes left.

13. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    New and Noteworthy for the week and damn rightly so.
    Why the hell aren't more people posting about this?
    I'm going to keep bringing it to front page of the Forum until I see some people getting on it.

14. wefiends

Jul 30, 2010
    @speed4mee Check your inbox. I'm pretty sure I pm'ed you yesterday. I'll resend it if you didn't get it.

@Cilo We're already working on an update with more unlockable backgrounds and a couple of new powers for the hats.

Thanks, everybody. People have been asking for an mp3 of the theme song, so here it is ;)

Sushi Boy Theme mp3

15. bgribin

bgribin Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Any more promo codes by any chance? I spotted this one under New and Noteworthy. :)

16. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Thanks! Lol I posted that before I even realized I could unlock additional backgrounds - I had a bout of ADD and was having too much fun in the first stage without exploring the app a bit. Now I'm obsessed with the Space backdrop.

Only other suggestion I can think of is to somehow make the top and bottom borders a little more transparent. That could just be me though, I'm into a more minimal look.

17. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Yes :) I'd loveeee more upgrades, maybe reduce the prices too :)

this game is AWESOME!! It's simple, smooth and cute. Everybody needs to try this app!

18. speed4mee

speed4mee Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    So sorry, but i didn't got a code from you :(

I've sent you a PM :)

19. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Looks lovely.

20. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Good man. I was thinking of doing the same — this is a really good, beautifully designed casual game with loads of polish, and easily worth the price of entry.