Universal Survivor Royale (by NetEase Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ivica, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Razvan, in reality there are only two games, Survivor Royale and Knives Out are one game, they simply rereleased Knives Out under the name of Survivor Royale for the english audiance.

Another backup to prove my claim is that Knives Out was removed from the android store altogether. Dunno why they didnt do that with iOS too to avoid confusion.

2. sevenape

sevenape Active Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Pay to win?

I’m really enjoying this so far, but would like to know, will it become pay to win? Of course I’d rather just pay outright, but if iaps are limited to skins and things that’s cool. I’d even throw a few bucks their way.

3. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

There're no in-apps at all rn.

I think that it will be purely cosmetic in the future. At least I hope so.

4. sevenape

sevenape Active Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Yeah I hope so too, still, I hope this game does well, like it much more than the other one.

5. hitmantb

hitmantb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Unfortunately this game disappeared from the app store chart in both US and China.

Rules of Survival has #1 in US app store, top 5 in China.

Looks like the bake-off between two teams is over, and Netease will almost certainly pick Rules of Survival.

6. sevenape

sevenape Active Member

Jun 25, 2012
    That's sad, this one is obviously the better game, the other one had some horrific textures and pop in

7. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

Welp, that would be very unfortunate cuz RoS is the one I like the least of 3 BR games by NetEase.

Definitely not gonna play it a lot. And I just spent 5 hours straight playing with dudes from discord server in SR.

8. millerjs86

millerjs86 Member

Feb 19, 2017
    Mfi???

How come none of these pubg clones have mfi support? Am I the only one really annoyed by this? Anyone know of a good one that DOES?

9. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    I actually like RoS more.

I dont see how this one is "obviously" better. I think it all comes down to preference. Now this morning they fixed the awful driving in RoS so i like it even more

10. sevenape

sevenape Active Member

Jun 25, 2012
    To be fair I payed RoS all day today and it’s actually less annoying than before. Guess I got used to it, maybe it’s the better game after all, I don’t like the crystal icon in the top corner, Iaps inbound. But they always were. I just pray not pay to win

11. sevenape

sevenape Active Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Was watching some YouTube thing today and the guy said mfi support is coming. Take it with a pinch of salt though.

12. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Me neither, but considering the nature of the game im nearly 100% sure it will be cosmetic only, I dont see how you can give any kind of advantage to a player in this type of game without just ruining the whole thing.

They need to make money somehow. I hope its cosmetics, even if its "money only" cosmetics, im fine with it (Like Skins in MOBAS)
    They could add ads too as long as we could pay to remove them permanently id give my support