Universal Survivalcraft [by CandyRufusGames\Kaalus]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mestre, Apr 27, 2013.

1. ttocs

ttocs Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Sr. Data Analyst
    Baltimore, MD
    What's the big differentiator with this game vs minecraft? I already own minecraft pocket, why should I pick this up?

2. Parkingtigers

Parkingtigers Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Well this game has an active development team working to improve it. Progress on MCPE is glacial. This version has caves, weather, electronics (better than redstone as it can be placed on walls), playable fluids, infinite world size. Some parts of this look good even when compared to desktop Minecraft, let alone then piece of junk that is Pocket Edition.

3. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    this may sound silly but how does this have infinite world size? there has to be a end to the world somewhere right? or does the world just generate more and more like what happens if you go in 1 direction and don't stop?

can anyone give me a idea how in depth the crafting system is? like how many things you can craft?

4. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Yes it's actually infinite :) & you can craft pretty much everything as the same as pocket edition except no armor , but that's not too bad. There's weapons pick axes and a crafting table :) it even has it's own recipe book ! Did I mention there are caves and buckets ! ;)

5. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    This game is beautiful. Although there is always room to make this game better. Control and placement would probably be the biggest one imo. It's clunky. UI I guess, I know that armour and food are coming soon :D how about a more in depth description on electronics? I dunno, it seems somewhat... I don't know how to describe it. Maybe more blocks in the future? There are already quite a bit which is awesome. Oh and skin custimization. :3

6. DaggerBreath

DaggerBreath Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Would I be right in thinking that this is similar to blockheads but in a 3D world?

7. juls363

Mar 13, 2012
    Dang the people working on mcpe are going to have to work hard now haha no more chilling for them ! :)) lol

8. juls363

Mar 13, 2012
    The dev is a one man team and is working harder than the mcpe his game right fully deserves the recognition :)

Attached Files:

9. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    I was kinda hoping they'd actually pick up the work and actually get MC:pE on this games level...

10. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    How do the graphics look on the new iPad? Sharp? Also how are the controls? I can't imagine it being very good to control.

11. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    The game is great and so much better than MCPE, but I suppose this post will be mainly on suggestions for the game - not necessarily new features, but improvements to the game as it is.

Improved Controls - The controls at the moment are clunky and odd at first, I'd love a joystick for easier moving and maybe a "break block" button to the right instead of a look button, a button for looking seems a bit odd. The controls also need a bit more tweaking so they can be more exact, you need great controls for a sandbox game like MC.

Better Sounds - The sounds in this game are somewhat odd and hard to distinct, whether its walking on sand or grass, running from a wolf, or listening to thunder boom, it doesn't sound realistic or distinct. I've walked on sand before & not realized that I was walking on it based on the sound of it.

More Polished UI - The UI at the moment, even though it can be navigated, deserves a bit more polish and appeal for the game to stand out. It'll pass as a UI, and its got tons of options, it just needs some more polish IMO.

The gameplay itself is great, although the game can be improved, its in its early stages and ALREADY blows MCPE out of the water. Please keep in mind the things I pointed out are not flaws of the games but things I think could be improved, the game is downright amazing and should act as a wake up call to Mojang and its pathetic MCPE updates that roll out every few months.

12. zombierevolver

zombierevolver New Member

Apr 29, 2013
    This game looks 100 times better than MCPE, atleast the updates are frequent unlike MCPE, which omly get updated once in a blue moon. $4.99 vs $2.49 pounds. I know where my money is going.

13. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    This game is now #3 in the paid charts, one place OVER MCPE O.O

14. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    I want to be able to ride girraffes. I can't ride them. Or can I and I'm stupid? I dunno. Can you tame wolves with meat and bones? They should add that. Maybe bigger signs.

15. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    How is this the 22nd update if its just coming out now?

Oh, and can anyone say if there are any IAP?

16. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Are there any "complex" caves in this game? I have yet to find a cave, let alone a complex one. Can someone give me a seed with a nice cave system or at least let me know if there are complex caverns? Thanks :)

Also, I've played a bunch more and there are so many things that could be improved, but I'm still hopelessly addicted ;)

17. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Nope. No IAP AT ALL

18. Boomwolf

Boomwolf Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Texas
    #138 Boomwolf, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
    This is a LEGIT , WELL DONE, Game!

My first survivalcraft experience:

My first game starts with a Small Scooner or other sort of sail-based ship raising its anchor anchor and announcing that they were not returning for me. Who these people were, or why they had marooned me on this savage and untamed land, is never mentioned, and likely not even important, except to let you know that you are truly, and completely, at the mercy of the elements and wild beasts roaming this .... Island? Unexplored continent? Where ever this is, as a minecraft fan I knew my best course of action was probably the construction of a shelter.

I picked a nearby flat area nearby a herd of cattle and some trees, quickly gathering up wood just like "that other game."

Also just like "that other game", I was able to quickly craft stacks of lumber, a crafting table, and a door. I built a tiny shack and used the crafting table for part of the wall because I had run out of blocks. Because a bed is not required to sleep in this game, only a closed off shelter, I quickly fell asleep on the floor.

Day 2 :

I went and gathered wood until I was sure I had enough to experiment with the crafting table.

Turns out most of the recipes I have tried so far (basic sticks and tools) are identical to "that other game".

I made 3 shovels, three Axes, and three wooden machetes. Not sure if I needed food to heal injuries, I nevertheless decided it was time to murder something. I approached the herd of cattle I had been eying since erecting my shelter, and decided to attack the bulls, since I assumed they would be attacking me anyway once I harmed a cow. I was right and was not able to kill either of the animals before night fell and I noticed the rain and thunder. And then the odd brightness behind me.

Lighting had struck my shack, less than a day after I had built it. I turned to see it was covered in fire, despite the rainstorm. Okie Dokie......time to worry.

Panicking, I began quickly trying to think of something to do. Then I did the one thing I shouldn't have: I ran inside. I wasn't there long, now I was on fire and running around like an idiot ....until I finally died.

Respawning, I realized I could snuff the fire out if I put the burning blocks into the inventory, literally punching burning wood until my poor little shack was in shambles.... As I stood in the light of the fire, I realized I could hear howling close by. There were wolves. But on full moons they became werewolves! Was the moon full? I couldn't tell, and I quickly decided to put the shack back together as fast as I could, fearfully peering thru the gaps in my shack....

Well....this whole survivalcraft thing might be slightly harder than I thought.

Screen shot of game is using a texture pack "FANVER MODv2 scrafter 1.21" BTW.

Attached Files:

19. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I haven't played this yet, but from what I've seen and read, I have to wonder how this game is legal. Isn't it a ripoff of minecraft?

20. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Making assumptions, and yet you haven't even tried it :rolleyes:
    This game has minecraft-y features sure, but it's probably the best iOS MC ever. Clone or not, it's pretty good.