Universal Survivalcraft [by CandyRufusGames\Kaalus]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mestre, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Kind of, but not really. I'll live with it. So question, where does one go to design texture packs? The minecraft texture pack feels like I'm playing minecraft which is pretty cool except some textures are just pink >_> oh and is there any way to customize your character skin?

2. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    #82 Jacob007, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
    I'd rather have a joystick, seems like I could move around easier. Like I've said before, I don't like the controls (they seem awkward), and I'd love more control options, but the game is great.
    I'd also like to see a more polished UI and maybe some new sounds, but I like the gameplay :)

3. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    This. Oh and Sneak Mode, it functions kinda awkward sometimes. Although once this wonderous game is smoothened out, it'll be even more fun to play :D

4. Nevrfall

Nevrfall Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Game Impressions

I bought the game yesterday and it's one of my best game purchases :) $3.99 that is very well-spent. Here's my impression:

A living ecosystem where animals roam the land, and the land (or world) is infinite. Awesome weather system! (I even got struck by a lightning bolt out in the open during thunderstorms). You can ride a horse and herd cattles. There are cave systems, but be always on the lookout for bears who are very territorial. There is also electricity and circuits to make remote detonation devices or light bulbs, etc.

Downloading and applying custom texture packs has never been this easy. Within the game is an interface to lookup and download texture packs and worlds from the online community. It will be automatically installed as well and can be enabled in the setting.

The developer is very active and releases update (sometimes) more than once a month.

5. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Maybe one thing they could change is more space for chests and item slots. 4 seems too little. Oh and maybe when someone makes texture packs, they can change more than the block looks but can also change crafting interfaces and such. It'd be cool.

6. mestre

mestre Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    this is because of texturepack which you are using is for older version of game, creator has not updated the texture for new blocks.
    Look for something with 1.21 in the title.

sadly no way to customize your skin(yet?) :(

7. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Is there going to be an update in the future where you can dig/mine and look around at the same time? Other than that this game is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Jacob007

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm not sure, you can always check the developers blog for the most up to date news on the game & updates. But I agree, the game is great :)

9. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    I think it'd be nice if placing blocks was somewhat smoother. It works, but you have to move your hand near the middle of the screen since the bottom right is to look. It's kind of awkward on an iPad. Oh and maybe split touch controls like MC PE?

10. Jacob007

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    There are split touch controls! Once you're in a world, go to the arrow in the top left, "Settings", "Controls", and then Split Touch controls are in the "Look Control Mode" category. :)

11. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Sounds like a complete version of minecraft PE... Tempted to buy it because MC PE is boring me out of my mind due to the lack of features.

12. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Holy crap, this looks awesome! I'd buy it in a flash, I just don't haven't had much time for gaming, and don't wanna fork over 4 bucks for something I wouldn't have time to play.

I'll buy it soon, though.

13. Jacob007

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Once you get used to the controls, I like the game. The devs are committed to updating the game about once a month so you can be guaranteed new features, its essentially MCPE with more features and polish. I was hesitant, but I like it! :)

14. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Well, ain't that just dandy.

15. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Nice find! Will try this later :) Thank you

16. mestre

mestre Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    News:

http://kaalus.wordpress.com/2013/04/29/split-touch/#comments

17. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    if i already have minecraft and block fortress, is this still worth a buy?

18. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Yes.

19. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    So how come it's okay for people to clone Minecraft? Nobody gets upset. Is that because Minecraft has already made gazillions of dollars?
    Or is it because the iOS version is lacking and this is a big improvement?

20. Smartbomb

Smartbomb Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    110% yes... Maybe even 111%.

Buy buy buy.