Universal Survivalcraft [by CandyRufusGames\Kaalus]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mestre, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Great great great update! :)

I'm playing on creative right now. Probably start a new one to try the new survival mode features.

2. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    This new update really takes the cake. I now can't dig a few blocks down to sleep when I need to because when I wake up and dig myself out my surrounded by a pack or two of wolves. What's really awesome is luring the animals, leaving a piece of meat out at night only to find the whole pack has surrounded your house. Combat is more intense, since the Knockback seems to have been dropped dramatically. I kind of want a reward for killing the Rhino, instead of like 4 pieces of meat, I was hoping there would be a small chance of you being able to get the horn, and allowing you to make a spear for it, that would be really cool looking. Y'know, so I have more incentive to find one and kill it :3

3. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    That was fast! I thought it would take a week.

4. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Hehe, after i updated and loaded up my savegame i've found my house surrounded by wolfes chasing me lol
    One of them was so clever he made it in my horse stable and i thought "oh hell no, don't touch Fury u lil !@#*!!" I dunno how he did it, but i have to find that hole where he hop through

5. Parkingtigers

Parkingtigers Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    The boats are amazing. They look great, control well, and I really like how you need to push them into the water, then can row them into riverbanks to beach it. The boats are so much better than the fragile pieces of junk in Minecraft. Top marks there.

The survival stuff is neither here nor there. Haven't triggered the fatigue yet, and I usually sleep through the night so that was never going to affect me anyway. Food isn't going to be an issue as fishing from a boat is ridiculously easy. I rowed from one end of my lagoon to the other, just to try out the boat, and in 5 minutes of work with my iron machete along the way I got 19 pieces of fish. This might need nerfing at some point. I always knew farms were only going to be decorative.

Fell off a pillar at one base, spawned at the other and a lion got me. This is a good update. -)

6. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    as i stood in my stone and glass mountain-top masoleum watching the sun set on this world that i had conquered, my survival assured, i felt a pang of sadness. there was nothing left to do here. i was ready to move on to other games. then this update happened. never shall i threaten to leave again. embrace me, never let me go, igor.

7. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Cruel mode lives up to its' name now, something I'm glad for.

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    challenging mode for me and never change. ill start over again and delete my previous save so i can feel the survival element starting from zero to build my own little kingdom in nowhere island.

9. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    agreed. and i cannot wait.

10. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Aw man, i need a new version of FANVER MODv3 by scrafter. Hope he is still active :/

btw, can't download anything. The source dropbox account seems to be disabled cuz of too much traffic

11. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Seriously, every night i have to kill like 20 wolfes cuz they spawn all around my house. They even spawned inside my horse stable and killed my horse Fury that i grown up with lol...now it's dead :/
    I have fences all around my stable but they just spawn inside it. I like the new survival mechanics and all but spawning wolf packs every night isn't much realistic, it's just annoying as hell.

12. mestre

mestre Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    yes im still active :p
    look for "1.22 FANVER MODv4 by scrafter" in community content
    or download from here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/o48ia0qpmi4pxrf/1.22%20FANVER%20MODv4.png

13. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #973 redribbon, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    i agree with this. it start to annoyed me. the wolf keep spawned around my house even in the morning even i can killed almost all wolf they keep coming. sometimes they just spawned on the top of my roof(there is no way they can climb up the roof since there is no path that lead there. i hope kaalus can investigate this problem since im looking for a challenging game but still realistic.

ps. i think kaalus wants to make the animal behaviour to act more realistic, but in this update i can see wolfs and bears on the same area but they didnt try to kill the horse?

14. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Well I mean there are wolves that are near my location before I sleep, so I kill them and the next day they don't spawn. Hell no hostile animals have been near my house in a while, I killed 'em all. Until I died >_>

15. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Anybody know how to craft a boat?

16. anteye5

anteye5 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    You put dawn wood into a U formation like so

w-sawn wood n-nothing

NNN
    WNW

17. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Wolves can turn to werewolves and in that mode they can jump something like 5 or more blocks high. So even without a path, they can still get places you wouldn't expect.

18. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Rhinos can launch you that high when they hit you.

19. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    make sense, thanks for that. now im trying to kill all wolves around my house. does anyone know how to change back to the old controls?(just tap anywhere to place blocks to its desire place or tap to desire blocks to destroy it), so no need to move the crosshair first.

20. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Change it to tap anywhere in settings.