Universal Survivalcraft [by CandyRufusGames\Kaalus]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mestre, Apr 27, 2013.

1. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Been playing all day with this texture pack and I agree this game is everything MC PE should have been.

2. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Holy mother of god. I need cash to buy this. -sigh- THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING

3. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    I can't connect to download texture packs, once I hit the Community button I get a server error (500).

4. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Server prolly went down due to the overload of new ppl starting to notice the game :)

5. mestre

mestre Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    It looks like the server is down, maybe it could not stand the pressure of new users :D
    We must just wait, maybe Kaalus make some changes on the server in this moment..

or use the "manual way" and download content from forum
    http://survivalcraft.lefora.com/

:)

6. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    @mestre Hey, love the game! It's amazing in every way! But could you add a few things ...

•Hunger
    •Creepers
    •Endermen and other various MC creatures
    •A better icon??:)

7. mestre

mestre Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    #47 mestre, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
    Hey im not developer of this game :)
    But i tell u that u will never see minecraft mobs in this game, its not minecraft and never will be :)
    (personally I do not like the unreal mobs in minecraft, i like only zombies, skeletons and animals)

I think Hunger and Farming wil be added sooner or later

since my english is far from perfect i quote one guy who explained this very well:

SERVER IS ONLINE AGAIN

8. Daverave40

Daverave40 New Member

Apr 28, 2013
    #48 Daverave40, Apr 28, 2013
  9. Smartbomb

Smartbomb Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    #49 Smartbomb, Apr 28, 2013
    This is the best surprise app ever. Really made my day, I have been dying for a game like this, it's just frikkin brilliant.

Anyone currently on the fence, get off it and buy with confidence. MCPE this isn't, it's so much better in every way, and the texture mods are fantastic (loving the ModernHD 1.2.1.png texture). Must admit, I like the realism of this world without creepers.

Bye bye Eden, bye bye MCPE, ... If BlockEarth wasn't so damn pretty I'd be deleting that as well. This and Block Fortress make up two of my strongest iPad gaming habits now, between them there's just no room for any notion of a healthy sleep routine.

@devs, my sincerest thanks.

EDIT: just fired up Block Earth. Actually, I may get rid of that as well, i remember it looking better and whilst it does have a fantastic draw distance it's essentially just a pretty MC clone without any survival or crafting and no way of sharing or saving worlds between devices. Survivalcraft really is the only one needed, it has everything. F**k I love this game. Lol, just got chased by a bear, nearly mauled me to death as I ran for my double doored cave... If they add in hunger and farming I think we may be looking at the perfect portable game.

10. astrozork

astrozork New Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Awesomeness

Simply put, this game is amazing. I've spent countless hours playing this game on all of my portable devices. It is almost identical to Minecraft in many ways, but the few things that set it apart are very important: Better graphics, more features, settings, and more frequent content-packed updates. I find myself twitter-stalking the CandyRufus page daily, excitedly awaiting the newest updates and all of the new content that they add. its like getting frequent, free, expansion packs for the game.
    gameplay is solid and feels well polished for exploring the blocky world. there are basically two different gamemodes, creative and survival, with different difficulty levels for the survival mode. Creative mode provides endless hours of stress-free fun with the ability to fly, avoid damage or dying, and access to every item and block in the game in infinite amounts to create pretty much anything you can imagine. Casual gamers will find this game mode very rewarding. Also, any map created in this mode can be changed to any other mode, if you want to play survival in your prized to-scale recreation of Helm's Deep.
    In challenging mode, you do take damage and you can die. You start out being dropped off on a blocky beach by an old wooden ship, and left with nothing to help you overcome the fierce, untamed wilderness. The randomly generated worlds feel very much alive with an abundance of flora and fauna and weather and sounds. The graphics are very impressive even though most of the imagery is cubes. The built-in textures are very nice, but you also have the ability to use a drop-box account to sync whatever textures you want. This is so awesome. This feature alone made me stop playing Minecraft Pocket Edition alltogether and play Survival Craft instead. You can also download user content such as player created worlds and textures, giving this game somewhat of a community following.
    Crafting is pretty much minecraft-based putting collected materials in a specific pattern on a 9-square grid crafting table to create different materials/blocks/tools. This is sufficient and meshes well with the challenging (survival) game mode. All recipes of possible crafted items can actually be found in a built-in "recipaedia". This is good, because you will be using this a lot if you want to make your digital life easier by climbing up the tier of technology as you explore the world. You have to create comfy shelters to sleep through the night. You can of course stay awake and work the the night, but this is also when the enemies of Survival Craft like to come out and hunt you down. I will admit to being somewhat disappointed at the lack of enemies. Their are packs of wolves that can be a real threat if not properly prepared. There are bears that will guard their caves to the death. Occasionally, there are werewolves, which is always an awesome treat. And also there are boars, that attack you usually only when provoked to. All of these threats only provide a small feeling of danger, and it would be nice to have a little more.
    That being said, the game is constantly being updated so anything that you can complain about will probably be fixed to some extent.

A very awesome recent addition to the game is the ability to craft electronics. This includes everything from light bulbs to XOR gates. The possibilities with these electronics is almost infinite and can provide hours of fun experimenting.

In closing, this is a very fun and rewarding game. Easily this is one of the best games for portable devices, and it has a little something for all types of gamers, whether hardcore, casual, or intermediate. With constant new updates ushering in new gameplay features and options, this game can rarely become dull. The ability to use player created maps and textures is just plain awesome in a game like this, and the player community has an abundance of quality files to offer. 5/5

11. Th3R3n3gad3

Th3R3n3gad3 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Hey who can recommend this?

12. mestre

mestre Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    #52 mestre, Apr 28, 2013
    Hey astrozor, there is one more "mode" in this game
    its called Adventure(something MC doesnt have), but u cant start game with this mode
    u can read more about it here:
    http://kaalus.wordpress.com/2013/02/11/

13. Smartbomb

Smartbomb Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    Probably everyone that's bought it. If you think Minecraft Pocket Edition is good, this will exceed your expectations.

14. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD

15. mestre

mestre Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    #55 mestre, Apr 28, 2013
  16. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Are there mobs that can kill you?

17. mestre

mestre Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    yes, sharks, piranhas, bears, polar bears, wolves, werewolves, coyotes, bulls, wildboars.

18. Th3R3n3gad3

Nov 4, 2012
    Is there any promo codes?

19. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    If there were, I'm betting they've been taken by now :rolleyes:

20. Th3R3n3gad3