Surf Prodigy - I want to hear from you

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Psychopsam, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Psychopsam

Psychopsam Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Hi,

I want to get some requests and feedback on the game as it stands because I'm in the process of updating it for the iPad, but the existing users will get some of the new features too. Here's what I want to do, but please add anything that can make it more fun to play...

1) Auto paddle/stand - sets up the surfer in the right position and then takes the drop and bottom turn to set you up to surf.
    2) Arcade style events such as dodging things in the water.
    3) Stall intelligently - if you want to barrel ride and are close enough it auto-stalls and puts you the barrel.
    4) Auto-land - let's you pull off the moves without worrying about landing it.
    5) More scenery - mix it up a little and have more visually diverse locations.
    6) online highscores - compete against others world wide.
    7) secret locations - I have one in mind right now, but more could be added.

Thanks again for your support.
    Andy H.

2. Psychopsam

Psychopsam Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    So... anyone care to add some ideas? If not, I'll just go with these changes. Any suggestions of how to make it work better on the iPad? I have noticed it is easier to surf on the iPad probably because you tend to make more sweeping subtle moves because of it's size. I think I'll add a damper for the iPhone to achieve the same effect.

I'm going to move all the buttons to the edges for a start on the iPad version because reaching into the middle it really difficult.