Universal Supra RPG II - The Demonic Realm (by Rasmus Halsas)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Evasleipa

Evasleipa Member

Jul 10, 2014
    You are probably better off with an opinion from another player, but here's my take on the differences:

The second is "more of the same", but in a much more refined format. I've listed the biggest differences below.

[​IMG]

In summary, if you liked Supra I, there is a good chance you will love Supra II. You could say it's just a greatly improved version of the first Supra.

PS. Apparently the Supra II works fine on my test devices. I'm still trying to pinpoint the reason for Supra I's crashes, but there is a workaround. Just keep on starting the Supra I and eventually it will start. (Yeah it's not intended, but it's something if you just want to try it out.)

2. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks for that breakdown of the differences. I appreciate it. Since you also went ahead and dropped the price by a buck, I'll grab it now. Hopefully I'll have time to play it a bit tonight.

3. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    #23 Collin, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    I've played a bit tonight, on an iPad Air and here are my initial impressions.

It's rough. During the opening movie, the button to turn off the music was on the screen the entire time. I could tap it, but it didn't function. When the movie ended, the rest of the main menu icons appeared, and the button worked at that point.

Shortly after starting there were a few other glitches where it looked like some type of menu popped up on the screen for a second and then disappeared.

When I reached the first sign and saw that I had to tap on the sign to read it, instead of one of the attack buttons acting as a "read" button when I'm in front of the sign (and as an "open" button when in front of chests and doors), I almost stopped playing.

But I pressed on, because I still like something about the feel of the game.

Nonetheless, the UI really needs help. The buttons are large and blocky on my iPad screen. When equipping an item, there's no indication that you need to tap on the picture to the right to actually equip the item, etc.

Movement is glitchy at times, for both the player and the enemies. Particularly the bomb throwing enemies.

The level designs (so far) feels a bit random, yet I don't believe they are randomly generated. For example, you start off in an area where you need to double jump to get anywhere. Then a bit later, one of the signs says, "Maybe if I could jump twice..." Umm.

But! I am enjoying it. I'm not giving up on it. I hope for interface improvements down the line, but so far it's not ruining the game for me.

I'll post more impressions later, after I've had more time with it. Just be aware if you get it, it's not highly polished at this time.

Update: I like how the character changes based on what you have equipped. I also appear to be stuck in what I'm assuming is a boss fight. I started to fall down a pit, and my fall paused while a conversation happened between me and someone named "Piggy". When I reached the bottom of the pit, I went to the right into a large room. There's nothing else in the room, and there's no way out...

4. Evasleipa

Evasleipa Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll look into issues you mentioned and submit a patch asap. You definitely should be able to advance to the first boss.

5. D4rgolf

D4rgolf Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Controls & interface

@ Evasleipa:

Was a great fan of the original Supra RPG and quickly bought the IAP.
    I have to admit that I held off on buying the sequel until you recently lowered the price, though.

What put me off instantly when firing up Supra II was the new interface. I have to say that I find it quite a bit more confusing to manoeuvre between the menus. By pure chance (after seeing multiple glitched afterimages of it on some points in different levels) I found out how to access the "change skills" menu by holding one of the attack buttons - something more akin to the predecessor (or having a dedicated tab for that in the equip or skills menu) would make the whole ordeal a lot easier.
    While on the topic of attacking: are there plans for customisable controls? I find the new button layout hard to cope with (especially when comparing it to other games in the genre or - again - the predecessor, Supra RPG).

I quite enjoyed Supra RPG and I hope to enjoy this iteration of the series as well, but currently there are too many little annoyances standing in my way.

Thanks for your consideration and best of luck with the future of your game(s)!

6. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE for the very first (and a limited, obviously) time !