iPad Supermarket Mania: Time Management Fans Here ya go!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CandyNJ66, Feb 27, 2009.

1. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I'm a new to the Time Management games which I enjoy so I am sure also some of you will be happy to know this info from Appshopper.com. It's gotten good reviews so far in the app store. It's only $1.99

Supermarket Mania

Running a grocery store can be a lot of fun! Help Nikki keep five stores stocked to the rafters with the provisions customers want. Nikki must stay on her stylish toes as she reloads shelves and cleans up spills because her big business rival is out to shut her down and will show no mercy. If you work fast and hard, and please the demanding customers that enter through your doors, you'll earn enough money to upgrade your establishments and show your adversary what a little hometown pluck can do!

Run five distinct stores through 50 manic yet fun-filled stock-‘til-you-drop levels, stock over a dozen of products to sell, serve seven types of hard-to-please customers, and earn enough money to purchase over 20 accessories and upgrades that will help you turn your enterprise into success.

Supermarket Mania is so called casual game – a game which is easy to start playing, addictive, and suitable for short game play sessions. It is appealing to the widest audience – kids, their parents, and their parents’ parents, and equally appealing to men and women. Supermarket Mania belongs to the Time Management genre (also known as Dash Games genre) – it is when you play against the timer and you have to keep the pace in order to succeed.

Recommended for fans of Time Management games such as Sally’s Salon (game and TM of RealArcade), Diner Dash (game and TM of Playfirst), and Cake Mania (game and TM of Sandlot), but also can be enjoyed by fans of Match 3 games like Bejeweled (game and TM of PopCap Games) and fans of Hidden Object games like Hidden Expedition (game and TM of Big Fish Games), and others.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Appstore link
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=305426794&mt=8

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Another extra-Manly game for iphone gamers! what happened to unisex??????

ATC 4.0 looks better IMO;)

3. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Looks fun, I'll add it to my watch list.

4. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    It definitely looks like a great game, but it's just not really my favourite type. :(

If there's a light version, or one soon to come, I'll definitely try it though.

5. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    Someone should come out with a time management game for men I everything is for girls there's not even a unisex one
    Something like 'boxing time' where you control your own boxing square and get some boxers to fight and manage your publicity to get even more crowd or something like 'bar management' where you control your own bar instead of a chocolate shop, a salon or a wedding

6. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    The gaming field has been dominated by games created by men and for men for the most part so excuse me if some of the comments make me smile. No denying that some of the TM games are geared towards females but many males also really enjoy these games as well.

If playing a game with females makes you feel insecure, I suggest that you grow up. :p :)

The first review I saw of Cooking Mama was from a man on youtube and he really enjoyed it. Some of you are just fine in admitting you love Sally's Salon etc and some are not which is fine.

Developers out there, start creating big macho TM games to pacify some folks here. I think I hear the Wahhhhmbulance coming! :D

7. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    i've always wanted to try SALLY's SALON but because of the theme. i pass.

LOL

8. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    FOR, females

I don;t belive devs were working on a unisex game when they developed Sally's Salon. I have nothing against these type games it just surprises me how many men are attracted by those games, only way I'd play that is in a completely subjective manner trying to not pay attention to all the stuff aimed at a female audience.

Discuss;)

9. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    i bought this game yesterday and i love it. it gets really hectic. and who said grocery stores are for women only? sounds like we got some sexists in the house! i love hitting the supermarket, probably b/c i like food so i dont see how this is a game geared towards women

10. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Actually, I meant WITH females as characters. I think it's fantastic that men are attracted to theses games and they don't have to be bisexual or gay to enjoy it! Don't be afraid! ;) These are FUN games that just happen to have female characters. Men go in supermarkets too, men get their hair cut (Sally's Salon has numerous male clients and male workers) and male characters ARE in supermarket mania of course.

Sally's salon is only a buck, so take the plunge or go for Supermarket Mania at 1.99 and let us know what YOU think :)

11. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer

I love grocery shopping too. I haven't even gotten SM yet but I am this weekend because it really does sound challenging in later levels and fun. :D

12. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    WOW! that's crossing the line, the game does have male characters, but it's not like I won't play this game because all the characters are women. I just said it is aimed at women. And let's clear something up here I;m not sexist (Don't think I am anyways), I do think that most males are less attracted to pink, salons, cute little dogs with purple bows etc. And that is what surprises me.

13. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    Come on everyone goes shopping thats totally not a guy or girl thing...unless the store is full of pink, purple, and pretty blue. ;)

14. polyvision

polyvision Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Developer
    I don't care if the game is for females or men. Everything what counts for me is fun. The graphics are nice of this app. I'll give it try and hope that the gameplay is great. Game design is everything ;)

Bye, Alex

15. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    So what if it's aimed at women? We are saying it's a fun game so not sure why you are against it or won't even try it. Now you are backpedaling me thinks hehe

16. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    it definitely feels more like an arcade game compared to diner dash, etc. for some reason i like it better than all the other games of this genre. i just love grocery stores i guess! i know im weird but what can i say, i was raised by women:)

17. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    I think that I'm one of the poster of that comments but actually I don't think that buying and playing those kind of games makes me gay or less man.
    I actually have sally's salon, I enjoyed and already completed it.
    With my post I just meant that I would enjoy more variety on the TM games because I like very them very much

18. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Arcade sounds cool. You're not weird at all! :)

Thanks to you, I have def made a decision to buy Supermarket Mania and see for myself. I know someone who is going to be making a video review of this for youtube soon.

19. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I hear ya and can dig that. :) I wouldn't mind variety either since I'm a newbie to this genre. Would be cool to go beyond salon's and weddings. I think the developers of these games know they have a goldmine in these types of themes and may stay with it for now. Dunno.

20. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    #20 Big Albie, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009