Universal Supermagical (by Gala Pocket)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheFrost, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Ok! You can get the game too:)

2. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Sounds good to me...how about tonight...yes tonight would be good;)

3. Kikekun

Kikekun Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Hahaha...I have instructions from our publisher to release the game on the 23rd. Sorry guys!
    Although it'd be so easy...damn. Ok, I'm gonna stop trolling right there :p

4. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    That's OK!!!
    Tomorrow night at 11pm would be nice
    Much success for the game it looks awesome:)

5. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    So... in readiness of this release (which looks amazing and which I've been waiting for impatiently since you first announced it), could you answer one question...

This was initially looking like a free title with some 'IAP'. You're now charging for the app. Does this mean that:

(a) You're a really cool developer who realised players hate IAP's and would prefer to pay upfront and not have any 'hidden' costs within the game

(b) An unscrupulous developer who wants to charge for the game AND include an in-game currency system which allows players to buy additional coins which which to spend in the game to progress without excessive grinding

(c) A *really* unscrupulous developer who is just like (b) but will also say "Ah but the IAP's aren't really necessary to enjoy the game!"

(d) A reasonable developer trying to make a fair living so you've released a paid game at a low price so people can try it out, but which contains some IAP's that are reasonably priced permanent unlocks rather than one of the nasty in-game currency systems employed by the despicable (b)'s and (c)'s

?

;-)

Thanks,

Jamie.

6. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

From Supermegateam's twitter:
    "Supermagical is released! :D:D It should available eveywhere within the hour. We REALLY hope you guys enjoy our hard work! "

7. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    It's kind of a mix between a) and d) haha. We are REALLY cool devs ;)
    Nah, honestly here, you could finish the entire game without any problem when it was free without paying a dime (my sister, who never plays games, did it and had a lot of fun).
    You can of course do the same with this paid version, plus we give you 10.000 Chococoins from the start on this paid version. I assure you'll be able to finish the game without any problem as it is, no need for any nasty IAP's at all if you don't feel like it :)

By the way, THE GAME HAS BEEN RELEASED ALREADY!! It should be available everywhere within the hour! :D:D

Have fun!

8. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    It is out in the US now.

9. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Haha you say you're a cross between 'a' and 'd' and then you describe 'c' ;-)

Ok, I've bought the game - and it's lovely. I really, really hope that what you say is true and no IAP is needed to fully enjoy the game without any kind of grind (which would beg the question, why bother including IAP's at all (the 'stock' answer is that some people are very impatient and like to play games overpowered with no challenge).

Anyway, looking forward to playing this game - good luck with it.

Cheers,

Jamie.

10. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Cheers, man. I hope you like it!

11. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Thanks Kikekun for releasing the game!!
    Downloading now:)

12. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    #72 Urthop, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    After watching Sanuku's vid I pretty much insta bought this. Great game, oozes charm. Roughly completed the first world, now I just need to get 4000 more coins to buy the tiger (which actually costs 8000 coins) so I can actually go to the next world, was actually kinda miffed about that. So my advice, save up those coins you start out with till this point so you can just continue on unhindered. Still shouldn't take me to long to get the needed coins, I remember a level I easily got ~800 coins from, so just need to repeat that a few more times before I can continue. Just makes me wish I hadn't bought the first pet you get in the first or second shop though :p

Anyway, enough of me whining about the minor grind hurdle I found here :p This really is a great game, looks very cute, but gets decently challenging already near the end of the first world (clearing the final level there took me about 10 minutes, and this was without dying), and it has some nice other diversions too, like the finding of the three coin bags after completing a level, the Manuel gambling memory game, and the
    secret level
    was pretty neat too when I discovered it by accident.

Overall I really recommend this to everyone.

13. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Just saw this game on TA. Looks awesome, instant download

14. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Thanks guys for giving the game a chance!

And yep, if you want my advice, save those coins for the tiger at the end of the continent!;)

15. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Very interesting! Though it may be free in just couple of weeks, I'm downloading this now so that we can see multiplayer soon!
    PS : Wow, it's huge (410MB), need to clear out some space first!!

16. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
  17. brslick

brslick New Member

Sep 23, 2009
    iOS 6

Not that I expect things to work in a developer OS, but the game crashes every time during the first cutscene after the tutorial on iOS 6 beta 4 (iPad 3). Great first impression otherwise! :)

18. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Yeah, sorry about that. We are waiting for the iOS 6 to be a bit more stable before doing the compatibility. But maybe for the next update, which will have coop multiplayer among other features.

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    So... iPad retina?

20. nestor

nestor Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Yup. The game crashes in the exact same spot for me (when she's using the cauldron). I'm also on iOS 6 on a 4S.