Superior Tactics Massive 2.0 Update

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by jrenner, Jul 28, 2014.

1. jrenner

jrenner New Member

Apr 23, 2014
    #1 jrenner, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    I've released a massive update for my game, Superior Tactics.

Google Play Link
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jrenner.superior

I've finished my big overhaul of Superior Tactics, adding more depth to the game.
    It now has about double the number of ships/units as before, including the addition of ground units (tanks).
    The linear mission structure has been scrapped. Now there is a non-linear sector-based campaign, allowing you to choose what direction you wish to progress in and chase after unlocking new ship types.
    Before, any ship hardpoint could equip any weapon type. Now, each hardpoint has a specific type of module it can equip. This addition makes the ships have more differences from each other. Before they were largely interchangeable except for health and speed.
    Online mode has been removed, since it wasn't very good and I'm still thinking about what to do with it.
    The amount of research required to unlock a new weapon has been greatly reduced, to encourage players to try different weapons.
    All ships and weapons have had their various status tweaked.
    Missiles are much more fun and dynamic now. They have varying speeds and you can really see their AI trying to find its best to impact the target.
    You can now have up to 20 units in your fleet (previously was 10), but you must use credits to buy the extra slots. This was a much requested feature.
    Various UI enhancements, the menus look a bit better now.
    Adaptive AI - the AI responds to your play style. Do you like to fill every ship with nothing but missiles? The AI sends more point defense ships. Do you use all lasers? The AI puts more anti-laser shields on some of its ships. Are you having an easy time with the game? The AI will increase the challenge level. Hit a difficult point you just can't get past after many tries? The AI recognizes this and will send you allied ships to help. This is all tweaked to be subtle and not something that would ruin your play style.
    Last, but not least, tons of bug fixes!
    I hope everyone enjoys it!
    If you have time, please visit our Steam Greenlight page, we're trying to get this game on the PC: Steam Greenlight