Universal Superchroma (by Team Chaos)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I don't understand this at all. The game doesn't tell you how to do anything. The equipment menu makes it ridiculously annoying to compare items. There were things I couldn't equip, but have no idea why. I'm supposed to go to another sector and find a cruiser but flew for quite with no clue where I was going or what I was supposed to do. Combat is uninteresting.

I thought this was going to be along the lines of Escape Velocity, but this is more like a tech demo. Not even an enjoyable one.

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Has the potential to b a great game. But I don't believe the dev possesses the capabilities to bring this game around or it wldnt b in a state of complete disrepair as it stands now. Apologies but this is 360 degrees of lameness.

3. master333

master333 Active Member

Sep 28, 2012
    It could work but it needs to be full game purchase with no iaps.

4. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Now I have another bug: picking up coins doesn't tally up my coins.
    This is quite a mess of an app, I would call this an early beta if not alpha. Bugs galore that range from crashing (less of an issue since the latest patch), lousy frame rate (playing on iPad Air), loot not dropping at all or loot dropping but not being added. And on the tutorial mission of "destroy the cruiser" I can't find it and no enemy on the radar is showing with a circle around it.

5. Maillard55

Maillard55 Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Yeah, I don't get this either. Crashes a lot, but even when I'm "playing," I really have no idea what's going on. No tutorial missions that actually tell you what to do besides "shoot this." Can I upgrade my ship? How do you build new bases? Is there a depot or anything to buy stuff?

Not sure how you put out a game like this and have zero direction. This is like pesto for me...I want to like it but just can't.

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Exactly. Most sensible thing anyone's said in this thread so far

7. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Agree 100%, but that's rlly not the point.

8. Pyroknight

Pyroknight Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Crashing seems to have been fixed, hooray. There is a weird bug where after some time the people stop dieing and dropping stuff and just freeze and disappear though.

9. 3mry5

3mry5 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2014
    #49 3mry5, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    I'm not sure what some people on this thread are on about. I mean they're right in that the game doesn't spoon feed you information or hold your hand through processes that took me about a minute to figure out on my own (for example equipping weapons, building up my base, working out that some items are unidentified and need to be discovered at the r&d lab). I'm loving the fact that the game doesn't tell you these things through a cheesy forced tutorial.

I've managed to reach level twenty and unlocked the best ship possible before having to pay out irl, and I've reached the main quest where it asks me to destroy a turret. I cannot find one at all! I've destroyed numerous outposts (ive found that the nature ones spawn almost exclusively by the way) as well as carriers and cruisers of all types but for the life of me haven't been able to find a turret to destroy!!!

(People have already discovered the bug where money and experience stops being dropped but I'd like to expand on it. It feels to me that rather than a point where they just stop its more of a gradual decline in their spawn rate. Interestingly ive discovered that once experience stops altogether bring dropped I can destroy a carrier or cruiser, which'll explode with experience that experience drops begin again as normal until they once again scale down. I've found that closing the app, and quitting it, and re opening it resets the money and experience drops and doesn't have any negative effects such as losing money. So that's a temporary fix for you guys until this is addressed)
    (I've also found an issue where enemy spawning stops altogether and I have to restart the app to rectify this)
    (Also the bank/ industrial office system doesn't appear to be working)

Loving the game so far!!

10. Jayboy720

Jayboy720 Member

May 7, 2014
    An update! So so so excited!

11. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Not sure what 3MRY5 is smoking 'something about being spoon fed.' Well sorry tht most of us expect tht a a game half wrks and can be fun and playable. 'Space' was a terribly sad place before. I hope the dev has this straightened this out because I rlly want to enjoy this months ago.

12. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i tried it again after the update, and no matter how good/ different it looks, if it starts giving you money and the next time you level up, enemies stop giving money and xp or even counting for the mission goals, it takes the fun out of it, along with the progression. Still not fixed this update.

13. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Ha, I figured as much. Space sucks, still...

14. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    DELETION COMPLETION!!! Broken mess man. Terrible game still. Nice non-update update, failure.

15. Jayboy720

Jayboy720 Member

May 7, 2014
    Alright, new update, reinstalled. Played for hours and still have yet to see a single weapon drop. Upgraded my ship a few times and everything but still forced to use stock weapons. Update says "additional points of interest and shops" but I have yet to see a single shop, while they used to be scattered all over. Base building is slightly better but build timers still freeze and reset to zero when you close the app, making that completely useless.

Right now all I'm concerned about is getting a single weapon to drop, it's a little rediculous.