Universal Superchroma (by Team Chaos)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. mittense

mittense Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Creative Director
    Austin, TX
    I submitted a set of fixes for the base-building and random crash issues. I'm going to get an expedited review request for the new version as well.

Many apologies; these snuck in at the last minute.

Don't give up on SPACE quite yet!

2. 3mry5

3mry5 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Much appreciate it man! From what I've been able to play of it it's a such a fun game ah!

3. Jayboy720

Jayboy720 Member

May 7, 2014
    Waiting patiently! Looking forward to being able to play, definitely had fun so far.

4. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Oh, I just realized this is a Metal only game. Maybe show that as a pop up immediately on a non-Metal device?

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woah... So much praise outside the crash complaints.

Im glad the devs have pulled through and submitted a fix. Looking forward to the update then.

6. mittense

Aug 7, 2014
    Creative Director
    Austin, TX
    It's not metal-only, it's just optimized for metal.

(it's a sly way of saying "performance/stability on older devices might not be great"). Turns out stability on any device is not great.

BUT NOT FOR LONG.

SPACE.

7. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    "Might not be great" and borderline unplayable aren't the same thing. I didn't face a single crash on my device, so the issue wasn't stability. It was performance.

8. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    YAY SPACCEEEEEEEEEEEEE (Coming soon with a better performance)

9. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I'd think one without metal capable devices should hold judgement until after the obviously needed patch, eh?

10. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Except the patch is going to be a "set of fixes for the base-building and random crash issues", not performance for non-metal devices. The only thing the dev has to say about non-metal performance optimization is "BUT NOT FOR LONG", however that is not the next update.

Also, SPACE. Because that really helps the conversation.

11. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    This won't play on my iPad mini with retina. I see the main game play
    screen but can't do anything.

12. 3mry5

3mry5 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2014
    It may not be this upcoming, emergency, update. But the dev has shown that he's aware of the problem and will be fixing it. I'm not really sure what else you can ask for?

13. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    The only thing I asked for was a simple pop-up that tells you the game is only optimized for metal devices. The response you quoted was about judging the game based on a nebulous performance update that currently has no deadline instead of on the current state.

14. 3mry5

3mry5 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2014
    #34 3mry5, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    I've misunderstood completely, sorry man no offence meant.

Update: just got the update! It's fixed everything and now works beautifully! Thank you! (There are still frame rate drops for me in the start screen, but they don't have any lasting effect once I've entered the game)

15. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    It seems not to crash now with the updated, at least in my 10 minute playing time, but now spaceships and asteroid I destroy don't drop any loot/coins/health. Not sure if this is intentional, it started happening after the "destroy menace" tutorial mission.

16. mittense

Aug 7, 2014
    Creative Director
    Austin, TX
    Hrm, that's a new one. I'll look into it for the next patch (which will be a bit further out since it's going to attempt to address performance as well).

17. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I have the update and now it's crashing differently. I'll destroy an asteroid and I can hear sounds but the screen is completely locked up. And it keeps happening. I cannot play. I'm using the IPhone 5s 64 gig with the latest firmware and update for the game.

Billy

Attached Files:

18. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Yay, space is still highly broken. I want to like this but the constant glitches and disfunctionality along with corny onscreen dialogue is very disenchanting. Thumb in the way controls are lackluster also. Boo.

19. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Whoa there. Someone is having a crummy day. Besides I don't remember paying a dime for this game.

20. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    This latest patch has eliminated the crashing. It doesn't run flawlessly on my mini 2 - latest version iOS 8 - but it's certainly very playable. Really liking this so far.