Universal Super Stickman Golf 3 (by Noodlecake Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 7, 2016.

1. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Cheers. I have no interest in doing that, so I'll start buying up card packs!

2. BadMrFrosty

BadMrFrosty Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I never played the series before and really loving it. So much so that I purchased a few unlocks.

Is the game supposed to restart if you switch out to another app? Mine is not saving my progress unless I complete a full 9 hole round.

3. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    This. Wondering if you warp there from a portal on another course...? Anyone have a hint for this?

Wonderful game. Premium if you buy the IAP. Great job, devs!

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #64 Andy C83, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    There are a couple of powerups that can get you to the Ghost Flag on Beach Land 3 but it can be hole in oned using the
    Nitro
    Ball.

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    In single player, the freemium implementation seems very sound. There are no timers or paywalls, just a in-game currency that you use to purchase shit. Lots of premium games rely on the same mechanic (and there are even some that dole rewards out by random. Heck, its the basis of at least two entire genres ;)). As far as I have seen, no equipment is needed to play well and progress, which hopefully makes the random nature of progression/unlocks a non-issue.

But as soon as you start to compare scores or play directly against other players, wow, buying extra powerups and the divergence in the randomly awarded items that affect gameplay* makes a mockery of the whole idea of competition.

At least there is a no-hat-no-power-mode for realtime multiplayer. Perhaps the dev could be persudade to implement the same for async?

* Possibly alleviated by the finite nature of stuff. My guess is that before too long, enthusiastic players will have unlocked all the hats that matter.

6. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Loving the game so far. Still powering through the single player so far, but looking forward to diving into the multiplayer soon.

Sharing this screenshot as my ball has become stuck in this position. Whichever way I hit it (and however hard) I can't get it to move so I have no choice but to restart the whole round. :(

Attached Files:

7. jschidlowsky

jschidlowsky Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    There is a no-hats / no-powerups mode in async multiplayer play as well.

8. jschidlowsky

jschidlowsky Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    We've seen a few issues with people getting stuck in sand traps. Will have that fixed in the next update!

9. davagorn

Feb 20, 2009
    Ghost flags...does every course have one? I now have all the bux from the first four courses, and two ghost flags. Love the replayability.

10. syd7

syd7 New Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Great game, only I'm noticing the same issue as the last one that when you exit during a game and then come back later, you lose that game's progress and need to start the course again. Any way to fix this? Love the game otherwise, but this is a big one.

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That... entirely resolved any issues I might ever have had with the freemium mechanics of Super Stickman Golf 3. Thanks for the superb design, gameplay- as well as business-wise.

12. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    As far as I know, yes, there is one Ghost Flag to be found on every course.

13. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Another bug: I won my first turn-based multiplayer game by having my opponent resign (I was well ahead) - didn't get the trophie card for it either.

14. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Is this really a bug? Almost 20 opponents resigned too for me but never got anything. Not even XP

15. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Great game.Love it.

However,i have a very choppy framerate on my original IPad AIR...Thinking this was to do with still being on IOS 8,i updated my IPad to the latest OS.Didn't fix my issue,still have a choppy framerate unfortunately.

Restarted my IPad,reset,intalled SSG3 again,still no joy.

I have an Ipad Mini 1st gen and the game is butter smooth on that!...Makes no sense.Although,i've noticed on the AIR there are particle effects that are missing when playing on my old IPad mini.

Not seen anyone else report this,so maybe it's a problem at my end.Thought i'd report it anyway.

16. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I think the logic is this: if the opponent resigns early, you don't get anything. However if he resigns after hole 5 or so, you do get the bux and xp. I got them both in that example. But didn't get the trophy card.

17. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #77 Andy C83, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    :cool:;)

Could have got a lower score by buying powerups but that kind of thing just isn't my bag, baby.

Attached Files:

18. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    How did u manage do this?

19. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    The amount of swishes that would require! Impressive stuff

20. davagorn

Feb 20, 2009
    So cool! Went back to the first course and found one is never even seen. Good tip.