Universal Super Stickman Golf 3 (by Noodlecake Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    If I get the premium unlock, can I challenge another player (who doesn't have the premium unlock) to the downloadable courses?

2. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    #42 Ryan_Noodle, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Made a mistake sorry. With the premium unlock both of you need the unlock to access the courses. If they dont have one of the regular 20 though you can still play those because they are on the device.

My bad!

3. rnarvin

rnarvin Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Was just playing on the 8th hole of the space-themed hold on race mode with three other players and when one of the players (who was supposed to get lasered) simultaneously got their ball in, the game crashed #

iPhone 6s - iOS 10b2

4. jayspence

jayspence Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Spin feature

What are the thoughts on the spin feature? Admittedly, I haven't played through too many courses yet but right now I'm really wishing it wasn't part of the game. When I read about it, I thought it would just be a function of certain courses, not all of them. As it is, it's almost like having the magnet ball for EVERY shot. It just makes things too easy. No longer do you have to think about the exact angle and power of your shot, just make sure it'll get close to the green and try to spin it to the hole.

I was really hoping for a wind feature instead. I think that could have been terrific addition as it would increase playability. The holes and courses would play differently every time as the wind would affect every shot. You could have it random for each hole with both direction and magnitude (keeping it the same for opponents in matches, of course). You could even have wind that pointed straight up or down. Who cares if it doesn't happen that way in nature - it's SSG! It would really add to the thought process before shots and could have been a lot of fun. Instead, I feel like the spin feature has dumbed things down a bit and made the game much easier.

Again, I just started playing the new version and I could change my mind once I've put more time in but it just seems like things have gotten too easy. What are the thoughts from those who played the previous versions and have had a chance to play SSG3 quite a bit already?

Ryan, was any thought given to adding wind? How do you feel that spin has affected the game?

5. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Anybody else encounter this bug?

6. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Yea we are looking into this. Seems to have happened for a couple people so it might not be registering the cheevo properly.

7. LukeT

LukeT Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Same here about notifications!

8. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I'm not seeing an option for it (in game), but just go into your iOS app settings and switch it there..

9. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Ok, gotcha. I just needed to know for my dad. We play SSMG2 and I'll set him up on 3 when I see him this weekend. I already have the premium unlock, so I just needed to know if I had to get it on his phone as well or not.

Thanks!

10. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Yea once you cancel it in game unfortunately you have to do it from the Notifications section of the Settings app.

11. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Fantastic game. Super fun!

12. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Oh. This is really, really good. And I really enjoy it. Am I surprised? Possibly. But if so, that only means this strangely appeals even to self-proclaimed (and quite pretentious) fans of hardcore, "desktop-like" gaming.

13. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    This and the second are free and a lot of fun. What is the thought process behind the three dollar upfront charge for the first installment? Who plays two sequels for free and thinks now I want to pay for the first edition with the least features? I don't understand. Seems bass ackwards.

14. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #54 GiHubb, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    The first SSG doesn't have any free2play shenanigans, let's be honest, SSG3 with the premium unlock is not really premium. It still has consumables with bux that are used to buy card packs which have random unlocks. It totally does sour the experience for me (even though I did buy the "premium" + XP doubler). The original SSG was all fair with unlocks based on progress made in the single player. No consumables, no unlocks based on luck, no bullshit. A true premium experience.

Don't get me wrong, SSG3 is still a lot of fun but I would have preferred a real premium system where you get awarded on progress or challenges completed, not mainly on luck as to encourage that you buy bux and card packs. At least the powerups are unlocked based on progress. However I do miss those achievements around specific goals in specific holes that went into unlocking special powerups (like the super ball).

15. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    The 2 sequels are not "free." Not if you want them to play anything like the first game in the series...which was a true "premium" game. As already noted, the presence of consumables somewhat tarnishes the experience for many of us. It's reasonably fairly implemented here, but it's still a bothersome thing...

16. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #56 ROGER-NL, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    The game is great fun, but the leaderboard for tour 1 says first player -171 is this possible or is this a leaderboard mixup ha ha, just want to be sure.

Because you got to get all the holes in swish and that seems to me impossible.

Maybe it's possible with all the power-ups that could be the case.

17. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    +1

I'd also really appreciate a set of "clean ball" leaderboards, i.e. not using powerups. :)

18. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Is the premium unlock to be able to download community made levels or levels by the dev? Not sure about buying the ability to unlock free-made levels. I think the IAP is still worth it, but just curious.

19. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Just to confirm: bux can only be spent on card packs, right? There's nothing else you can buy?

20. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    If you run out of powerups bux can be spent to buy more - 5 bux for first extra powerup, 10 for second extra powerup and so on..