Universal Super Stickman Golf 2 - (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 13, 2013.

1. jonnyb086

jonnyb086 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I know that , I'm on an iPad retina. That magical new device that just came out.......A YEAR AGO. The 30mb excuse is laughable. I guarantee 99% of the people who will download this have regular access to wifi. That's like saying "everyone optimize your websites so they load quick on a dial up modem. " I really hope you guys created retina assets for the game. If not that's extremely poor planning even if not implemented right away even though it should have.

2. Megagator

Megagator Member

May 9, 2012
    U.S.
    Good to hear its at least on the table. I would personally pay for a retina DLC, but whatever works best. I think there are several other games that download in SD and then ask HD devices if they want to download the extra assets.
    Loving multiplayer now... Might miss some school...

3. Megagator

Megagator Member

May 9, 2012
    U.S.
    Take it easy, this is a universal binary so iPhone users carry around iPad assets and vice versa. I personally know many people who always have their phone on cellular and rarely connect to wifi.

4. Lunartic

Lunartic Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Japan
    Is anybody else experiencing repeated game crashing when they try and accept challenges from certain people in turn based multiplayer? I've had to quit a bunch of matches and need to keep refusing to play several people because of it...

5. murph

murph Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    NYC
    Same here. Initially I got an iCloud sync error on my iPad (started on iPhone first). but then later this morning i got an iCloud sync success message - however, only my achievements have transferred over so far.

i am sticking to my iPhone version until things are synced up.

you don't need IAP to enjoy this game. all the IAP is bonus stuff for people who are really into the game and/or want to support Noodlecake. i have no problem spending $5-10 on this game considering how much i am going to play it. already grabbed the XP doubler and considering the power meter. then i'll probably grab $5 of golf bucks. and this is from someone who rarely buys IAP.

is there going to be a separate thread for friends requests? or is it ok to do it here?

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Only played the first course, but so far it's as fun as ever and I love the hats! :)

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Protip: Learn to articulate your arguments in a respectable manner that doesn't give the impression you're about to bust into a flood of raging tears. I want iPad retina too, but you're probably more likely to get it by asking politely than you are raging like a schoolboy.

8. Princeps32

Princeps32 Member

Feb 23, 2011
    I've been looking forward to this one for a long time, and it is exactly what I hoped. Well designed courses and some great new unlocks too. Super Stickman Golf 1 has been on my ipod since forever, so thanks for a great sequel!

9. jonnyb086

Dec 28, 2012
    No more tears.....asking politely for retina graphics? Yes mister developer please properly develop for current devices....pretty please???????? In all seriousness though. The devs reason for doing it is to keep it under 30 mb for 3G users. So they ignore the millions of retina iPads out there to satisfy a few people who will only be able to download this over 3G? The logic just doesn't hold up at all. I do feel this is laziness combined with excuses. I would not be saying any of this if it were a year or more ago. But considering there was over 2 years between games for this to happen is very odd.

10. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    As for this ipad retina issue. I'm not an ipad owner so this doesn't affect me but do the levels look bad completely zoomed out? Hole 2 in the first area for instance is longer than the iphone screen can show. Why not just offer up extra "Zooming" out for those with iPads and add some padding to the top/bottom of the screen? Seems like that would be a good compromise that shouldn't up the file size much at all.

As someone that does webdesign as part of his profession, I have to say, I design sites to be accessible to anyone on any carrier. I don't overload the pages with stupid flash stuff that takes a while to download or other stuff that would choke up a 3G user on a phone or tablet. So my sites are BLAZING fast on a weak or strong internet connection.

Just couldn't let that one go.

11. jonnyb086

Dec 28, 2012
    That's great your sites load fast. I too am in the multimedia business but sometimes you have to sacrifice when necessary. And its really not a big sacrifice at all in this case. People whine about gigabyte apps not a couple hundred megs. Also the developer NEEDS to ad a line in the description that retina iPad support coming or retina graphics not supported on iPad.....oh wait that would read kinda funny wouldn't it?

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The solution is definitely to have the iPad retina graphics be an optional download within the app. That will make everybody happy. I don't have a retina iPad, but I feel your pain.

13. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    99c and people won't buy it because it isn't full retina? :eek:

14. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    The fact you take such a smarmy attitude to the suggestion that you should behave like a civilized human being speaks volumes.

Just for the record, I insta-bought, and would have even if I knew about the lack of retina. Still want it though :)

15. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Do asynch games work for anyone? I have several game challenges in Game Center, but when I select them it launches the game and goes to the list of games, but there are no games listed there? I tried sending asynch game challenges to a couple friends of mine. Will see if they show up for them.

16. jonnyb086

Dec 28, 2012

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009

18. jonnyb086

Dec 28, 2012

19. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Well, I played through a few rounds with the game. Good stuff. Glad I threw down the buck. I feel silly for even questioning this purchase, but these days you just never know.

20. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I played my first round and loved it. Also, the game looked fine on my retina iPad.