Universal Super Stickman Golf 2 - (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 13, 2013.

1. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    IAPs are for Golf Bux (50, 300, 800 and 2000), XP doubler, 25 simultaneous turn-based games (not sure what the current limit is...I think 5 or 10) and Last shot power indicator.

Golf bux can be used to level up instantly, purchase hats (which have perks but don't affect the gameplay) and use additional powerups a game (you get 7 each game to begin with).

I think it is very fair. No need to buy IAPs at all. It may just get troublesome if you are vs-ing an online opponent that has unlimited/hacked golf bucks, but otherwise the single player is so finely balanced.

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Thank you for that write up. That's my main concern with this. It's why as much as I LOVED Super Stickman Golf, I felt a bit gross about it because the specialty balls and stuff were all locked behind IAP other than the few they let you get for free. Some holes were near impossible to master without them. I don't mind throwing a buck at this, just don't want to find out I'm stuck with a game that even with my dedication to gaming would end up not possible to finish.

How deep is single player? I don't care for speed golf or that kind of stuff... just want to know if this is at least as good for the single player as the last one.

3. minameismud

minameismud Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    +1000

my coworkers and i STILL play super stickman golf multiplayer multiple times per day. at work. it's a good thing one of them is my boss :D

and it'd be insta-buy at $20. $1?!?! DO WANT

4. Bathplug

Bathplug Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    I got all the specialty balls with no problem or without having to buy iap. Iirc for the final ball all you had to do was collect about 30 achievements. Everything was unlockable without the game forcing iap on you.

5. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    While some of the hats don't affect gameplay, others do. For instance, one hat gives you 15% more power. Most of the nearly 30 hats have ??? as their description, so we don't know what their effect will be yet.

6. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    this is the game ive been waiting for. only complaint is the crap music but i guess that comes with the style of the game.

7. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    My memory is getting foggy. Unlocking the balls wasn't a problem, it was actually getting more of them to use. Was there a way to get more without IAP? It seemed like there wasn't. If there was, then I'd love to know about it. Maybe I need to just re-install and verify.

That's my fear for this one. That it'll hinge on those balls but then you'll be very limited on getting them because the in game currency isn't very plentiful.

8. Bathplug

Oct 13, 2010
    No I don't think there was a way to get more special balls to use. I believe you could just pick to carry 7 special balls to use per course. There were 5 iap were to either unlock all classic courses, super courses, expansion courses, power ups or all content.

With ssg2 though I think there is a hat which perk is to allow you to carry an extra special ball. Not sure what the iap are though.

9. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    #29 racer-007, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    Well, you HAVE to earn the power ups, and you are free to use any 7 for free in each course you play. Seems very fair to me. Although, playing 12 courses so far, the only one I use is the retake powerup. Actually got par at the very least for all 12 w/o using the powerup...only used it to get golds on them. And dude, you can't just blame it on the lack of powerups if you can't win. You gotta practice. No game's fun if its a walk in the park!

Single player is reasonably deep. Five different tours, each more difficult than before and containing 4 courses each. I am happy with the game. It is not easy by any means, but if you keep your nerve gold can be had after some practice. And so far all courses are uniquely designed and have a distinct look and feel.

10. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Getting this game for sure! Loved the first one :)

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #31 TheFrost, Mar 13, 2013
    Instant-Buy (at the same time as Ridiculous Fishing) tonight... Video looks incredible

12. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Yeah, re-installed and I feel like a dufus. I thought I only had 7 balls for the entire time playing the game and that was it so I just NEVER used them. I managed to finish every level in the game (I think) or I was within one or two courses of having it finished. I've been meaning to replay this on anyway because I wasn't on GC at the time and the achievements didn't sync over after the fact.

Thanks for the info on the new game. I'll pluck my $1 down tonight on the new version. It sounds like less content than the last one... there were 37 courses in it (unless I added em up wrong) and 20 in this one. Still for a buck they'll probably add onto it.

Bathplug, thanks to for the info. I can't believe I skipped over that one feature because I thought it was tied to some obtrusive consumable IAP.

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The first SSG is still up there as one of the best real-time multiplayer games for the iOS. This sequel looks incredible.

14. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    ryan_noodle

Thanks for all the kind words about the old game and we are pumped you guys are so excited to try out #2! We really worked hard on this one and fans of the original hopefully wont be disappointed!

As per the amount of Tours and Courses I just wanted to point out that SSG launched with only 8 new courses. The rest were recycled from the original Stick Golf from back in the day. Over time we added more and more packs so anyone who is only recently familiar with the game (last 1.5 years) will have gotten all those courses right off the bat.

SSG2 has 16 Brand new courses and 4 courses that have been altered using all the new mechanics, so they are familiar but are played a lot differently than the originals. We also already have new Tours in the works, one that Indie game fans are going to love.

Other than that fans of the original will be able to play the game just like before if they want. All the extra bells and whistles are actually not vital to completing the game but if you want to hunt for Golf Bux and collect all the hats and content, then go for it!

15. Bathplug

Oct 13, 2010
    Managed to get it early if you check the developer info page on the App Store.

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    #36 MidianGTX, Mar 13, 2013
    Thanks for the tip, downloading now.

Oh snap, no iPad retina? I shall have to play the game whilst looking through tears of dismay. I'd completely taken this one as guaranteed too.

17. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    Can't tell if serious or trolling...

18. taskerMX

taskerMX Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    This is all i need to know. I'll buy it.

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm tempted to get this but I'm wondering about multiplayer, I seen online and Bluetooth but is there a pass and play multiplayer?

Also if it is only online or Bluetooth is it cross platform?

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I can't find any pass and play option. A second annoying oversight on what I'd hoped would be a near-perfect game.